Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else having trouble getting parts to have a brake job done at 48K the dealer is telling me I need both front and rear brakes done. Further there are no parts in stock anywhere in the country ( and no aftermarket parts period ) so far no info on when. I thought I saw a post before from Feb. 2015 saying the same thing, they are also quoting me $1570.00 for the job if and when they get the parts. :-(

·
Registered
473 Posts
O'Reilly auto parts, for one, has both front and rear parts available on 24 hrs notice. They're available other places too. Your dealer is full of it

·
Super Moderator
10,693 Posts
They don't call them "stealerships" for nothing! I pretty much would ignore most dealers suggestions, personally!

There was a link a week or so ago that rd posted ( to Amazon ) listing them also.

·
Premium Member
8,838 Posts
Brakes are not Rocket Science either. Take it to an independent garage that does work on the local school busses as they will have the lift, knowledge and be reliable i'll bet. All you should need at 45K are the pads. Changing all 4 is a couple of hours work at most. The Pads are available at rockauto.com for $60/axle set. Should total $400

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
This is something that sticks in my craw. The dealerships assume theres something special about the pm because only ram commercial dealers carry them. As to service, the only reason some dealers dont work on them is simply the height - their ceilings of their shops are too low to get the van up in the air.

Thats silly. Engine, trans, computer, running gear, nothing is different on the pm. The diesel is a legitimate special case, but the gasser isnt. Nor are the parts, nor are the brakes. Dummies.

·
Registered
473 Posts
This is something that sticks in my craw. The dealerships assume theres something special about the pm because only ram commercial dealers carry them. As to service, the only reason some dealers dont work on them is simply the height - their ceilings of their shops are too low to get the van up in the air.

Thats silly. Engine, trans, computer, running gear, nothing is different on the pm. The diesel is a legitimate special case, but the gasser isnt. Nor are the parts, nor are the brakes. Dummies.
Exactly!

·
Registered
164 Posts
the pad you will find in the auto stores do not have the wear indicator wiring connected to them. Not having this will send a code and most likely turn on the dash warning light. This was the case last summer when I bought a set of pads to reduce the squeal. Things may have changed but I doubt it. I got the pads without the wires at Advanced Auto Parts and didn't even make it out of the store. They were an order item.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Got this off the Trend forum today...

Part number 68230105AC which ostensibly represent new front pads. This is in direct response to TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) No. 05-005-15 concerning the ProMaster 3500's squealing brakes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts