Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Front or rear?

1500,2500 or 2500? The 2500 and 3500 have Heavy Duty brakes listed as a feature, the 1500 does not. May or may not be the same bolt size, but a little more info might help us better help you.

And I must admit... why do you need one? I'm curious. Did the other one fail?

·
Super Moderator
10,204 Posts
This is and excellent example of how not to ask for help! If people don't give us all the information as to what they are trying to accomplish and on which vehicle how can anyone be expected to give any meaningful help?

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry guys I was in a hurry to get to the store, last ditch effort just to see if anybody was home. Pretty basic question there are two bolts that hold the caliper to the spindle, big Allen headed bolts. I didn't relize my 3500 had different calipers I don't remember seeing that in the literature when I bought it in 14. Any way it's a 14 Allen just I case anybody else is ever wondering. Cheers

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
Hardness, length, pitch, partly annealed? I avoid buying hardware quality bolts to fix such parts unless the specifications are clear and the product I buy meets them. Hate it when my brakes fail! Perhaps those China made bolts are the same as FCAs? I really expect you will be fine, but I worry. Best.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I needed the tool, not the bolt its self. The front calipers are held to the spindle with a 14mm Allen headed bolt. Thanks anyways guys.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The large Allen wrenches are not that common. I bought a set back in the 90's that I am still using. Found them cheap at a flea market. As a old VW and Moto Guzzi mechanic, I knew I'd need them eventually. $10 well spent.

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
Brake Caliper Bolt Size
Does anybody know before I go buy the wrong size? Thanks in advance ;)
Perhaps you might have written:

Brake Caliper Hex Head Tool Size?

I need to remove the front brake caliper bolts and need to buy the correct allen wrench to fit them. Does anyone know what size wrench fits them? Is it metric? I have a 2015 1500 PM HT Diesel.

Just say'n

·
Registered
186 Posts
The large Allen wrenches are not that common. I bought a set back in the 90's that I am still using. Found them cheap at a flea market. As a old VW and Moto Guzzi mechanic, I knew I'd need them eventually. $10 well spent.
Yep, Standard tools for those of us that do bike repair. Mostly suspension work on newer Dirt bike for me, but sounds like they will get some use on my PM too.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yo can get a set at Home Depot for I think $36. You won't be needing a 14mm Allen on any new dirt bike. Trust me on that one. Sorry about all this confusion, my fault.

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
No Problem, I know you were in a hurry, I think the Oil drain plug is 12MM hex so you will need that one too, someday! Best

1 - 12 of 12 Posts