Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2019 2500 high roof, only 10,000 miles. Paid more than my budget allowed but I have to get on with it, no more time to waste. what I would like to know is, there is a factory installed wall panel between the cab and the cargo area. As many protmasters I looked at, none had this feature. Of course I do not want it and the dealer told me it was just a matter of removing several screws. After that I don't know what to do with it, the panel has a sliding window in it to be able to see back into the cargo area. Any ideas what I do with it after removal, has anyone encountered this panel before? I am rather excited about sarting on my conversation next week, life is temporarily good!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Everyone who gets the partition seems to remove it and list it for sale.
Not really a buyer's market for it.
If it's steel you can scrap it. If it's plastic you can cut it up with a recip saw and recycle or trash it.
Or if you have a barn you can store it for future use or to wait and see if anyone wants it.
List it in your local paper for sale.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
or scribe it, go get an electric shear at Harbor Freight and cut it out, there by leaving the part where the plastic trim would be. Odds are you're going to scrap the partition anyway.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no doubt will have to scapulas it, my 1st project prior to "sound deadening" installation. I would leave a small section behind the driver's seat but it seems to be blocking my ability to get the seat to slide all the way back, if not, promaster built their driver's seat for short people. the good news, after months of research on "builds", I get to start this weekend!

·
Registered
254 Posts
I love my van with the partition in it. We carry all our sports gear (Kayaks, chairs, camping stuff, mt bikes, motorcycles) in the back. We then tow a small 15' camp trailer.
With the partition in it is just about the quietest vehicle I have owned. Biggest bonus other than not smelling motorcycle fumes is that the air conditioner will practically make ice for you in the summer.

·
Registered
19 Posts
... now that is a first for us, no?
It was an expensive Sortimo Protexx partition with sliding door and window. We were shocked to see it when we went to look at the vehicle, as it was not listed in any of the paper work. Think someone had it added, and their deal fell through - or maybe we "stole" someone's special order!?

·
Registered
347 Posts
... if it's that special, perhaps hold onto it if you have the room - could be of value to someone special lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
GREAT - How would you like to come to sunny, warm FL Keys to pick it up! I would think shipping would be expensive.
HI, I have that partition in my van, it is a 1500 dollar partition that works wonderfully

Much better then the metal ones and it looks factory from the cab area

If you aren’t putting swivels in why would you remove it?

I’m sorry but all the things in the rear of the van will become lethal flying objects in a wreck... that partition will potentially keep you safe...

I got lucky and bought mine off craigslist for a couple hundred dollars...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts