Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally made it down to pick up my Promaster - 2014 159" high roof with 44K miles. It drive fine on the way home but there's three issues that need to be fixed and I was wondering if these are common problems with a fix that's someone has figured out the best solution.

When I got to the dealer I discovered that the heater doesn't blow cold air. They worked on it for three hours and discovered that it's the heater door getting stuck. They lubed it and thought it was fixed but it's still sticking. We ran out of time so they said to take it to my nearest Ram dealer or Abe ASE mechanic and they'll pay for it.

On the way home I discovered that the cruise control doesn't work and also discovered that the headlights are full of condensation and the right sight headlight completely went out. I talked to the salesman and he is saying that the last two should be warranty items.

Any of this covered under warranty? Is there a better fix/parts/solution for any of these than just letting the dealer fix it?

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,688 Posts
Your bumper-to-bumper warranty ended at 36,000 miles. IIRC, there was a conversation here about those lights. There may have been a tech service bulletin. Don't let your seller off the hook just yet.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I thought these would be under the 36K mile warranty and not the 100K. I was hoping, on the headlights any way, that there might be a permanent fix someone has figured out rather than just keep replacing them with the same leak prone parts.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
468 Posts
did you know about the problems when you drove it off the lot??? if not drive it back and tell them to fix it or stick it! I'm pretty sure by federal law you have 3 days to return any vehicle no questions asked. unless you got a killer deal on it I would make them fix it. no 2014 with only 44,000 miles should be sold with issues. seems like a bad dealer

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
did you know about the problems when you drove it off the lot??? if not drive it back and tell them to fix it or stick it! I'm pretty sure by federal law you have 3 days to return any vehicle no questions asked. unless you got a killer deal on it I would make them fix it. no 2014 with only 44,000 miles should be sold with issues. seems like a bad dealer
He said to take to a dealer or an ASE certified shop, have the shop send them the estimate and they'd take care of it (of course many a slip twice the cup and the lip). They worked on the heater but ran out of time. I took a train four hours away with the plan to drive the van home so I was driving it home regardless. The other two items I didn't find until I was in my way home. They would have fixed it if they had known about it but evidently they missed these items.

I was just curious if any of these were known problems that had a good fix figured out. I used to drive an old Land Rover. Pretty much every issue those things have is known and a better solution to fix it is out there on the internets. Of course those being around for decades helps to build up a big database of fixes and alternative sources of parts.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I own a 14 model and have had none of those issues. But mine only has 14.6k miles on it so far.

Didn't the 14s have longer warranties? I thought they shortened it to 36k in the 15 model year.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts