Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Fiamma Roof Rail Ducato that I am installing onto my van. I'm trying to source the track bolts that will allow me to mount stuff to the rail. Can anyone tell me where they got theirs from and what they were called.

To be clear, the rails have a T-shaped slot that run along their length. I assume that there is a bolt that fits in that slot such that when you tighten a nut onto the bolt it is unable to spin. I'll need it to be stainless steel as it will obviously be on top of my van.

I just haven't been able to find what I'm looking for with my google-fu.

Thanks!

SN

·
Registered
233 Posts
T-Bolts and T-nuts

SteelerNation,

There is two different ways to go to get to your desired end goal:

1) You can go with a T-bolt as you described

2) or you can go with a T-nut

Both the T-bolts and T-nuts come two different versions, twist in or end feed.

You may want to contact Fiamma USA directly, they are quite helpful. They may have the T-Bolts or T-nuts that are designed for their extrusion rail slots.

One of the most accessible ways to go is measure the slot size then head off to the hardware store and see if you can match up a stainless carriage bolt. The head of the carriage bolt holds it in the slot and the squared off section on the head keeps it from twisting when you thread a nut on it. The carriage bolts can only be end fed. If you want to use a T-nut Mc Master Carr and Fastenal cary a few different sizes that may match up.

You could also try to match up T-Bolts and T-nuts from the T-slot aluminum manufacturers like "80-20" or "T slots".

Failing all the above if you only need a few you can make T-nuts easily out of stainless flat bar. Buy flat bar that fits the slot, cut it to length and drill and tap it to the bolt size that fits in the slot.

Cheers,

Dave

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to you both. I have an email in to Fiamma to see if they carry anything, but wanted to see if anyone on the board had already solved the problem.

If I find out anything from them, I'll post it here as well so that others can learn from it too.

Thanks again!

SN

1 - 6 of 6 Posts