Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we just bought our Promaster and after getting it home noticed that one of the trim panel pieces was loose. Turns out that the bottom two rivets(?) don't have a rubberized seal around them, and I also can't figure out how to reattach it with just the top two (I figured you'd slide it from left to right and then use pressure to force the right side on).

So first question is, what parts do we need to fix this?

Second question is how do we fix it?

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So unfortunately we live about 90 minutes (each way) from the closest dealer. It's also a used van, and while it's a 2018 and still under warranty, I'm not sure if that's something under warranty?

I'd imagine this is something we'll want to fix ourselves.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I just bought those at my dealer. Very pricey! $23 for 10 clips. Easy to install. I find the way that worked for me was to remove them from the van, and yes, it’s difficult, then put the full set of clips into the trim piece and then line them up as you press them into the van. That part is easy.

Removing them from the van- I used a couple of small flat screw drivers to carefully press from each side between the van and the rubber, and squeeze in the wings while prying them out. Blood and cursing was integral to my success.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Looks like they have them on amazon...
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Rexka-Moulding-Chrysler-68093998AA-Promaster/dp/B07BJFYVFB[/ame]

·
Registered
723 Posts
Those clips are mostly single use . I tried with proper tools and busted 3/4 . Got replacements from the dealer . Pulled the trim off to install "coach lights" . I think the Euros get lights in there standard .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts