Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had problems with the bluetooth connection from cell phone music to van radio? My connection breaks up continually. Phone works flawlessly on Honda CRV so its not the phone.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Constant PITA with uConnect! It forgets my iphone and Bluetooth almost every time I start the van, sound quality is fair to poor, can't use phone as "iPod" mode anymore, map/GPS is obsolete and poorly designed, cannot get traffic info even with Serius installed (from factory) - don't know if an aftermarket box would work any better.

·
Super Moderator
10,173 Posts
Bluetooth works fine on mine with both my iPhone6+ and iPad. The Nav system does suck. I wouldn't suggest anyone get it. Use either your phone or a stand alone GPS. The only time I use the Nav GPS is when I'm in Canada and I have no data plan for my phone.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes, Bluetooth looses connection constantly. You have to put the phone as close to the radio as possible for it to work (sometimes). Have to stick with the aux cord.

·
Registered
'17 136 HT Black
288 Posts
I hate to bring up an older post, but has anyone had an issue of the Bluetooth being substantially quieter than the FM radio? I can listen to the FM on 6 while driving, and I need the Bluetooth to be on 25. Is there any solutions to this issue? I've searched the internet, but nothing seems to work. It works fine in my Hyundai that's 3 years older than this van, so it's not the phone.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Must be very frustrating.

I think the best first step is to delete the pairing ("forget this device") and re-pair with your iPhone. Start fresh!

Then, got to settings-->Music and make sure "sound check" if unchecked.

Probably goes without saying, but also make sure the iPhone volume is at the highest setting.

iPhones (and equivalent) and great tools -- but the settings have gotten quite complex and you can have unintended results!

·
Super Moderator
10,173 Posts
Ts about the most reliable thing about my uconnect it always pairs with my iPhone 7! Check your settings ;)

·
Banned
33 Posts
I hate to bring up an older post, but has anyone had an issue of the Bluetooth being substantially quieter than the FM radio? I can listen to the FM on 6 while driving, and I need the Bluetooth to be on 25. Is there any solutions to this issue? I've searched the internet, but nothing seems to work. It works fine in my Hyundai that's 3 years older than this van, so it's not the phone.
Unfortunately you have to turn up the volume on your phone and then your volume on the radio will suffice....:D

Bluetooth is funny that way....every device has a different version and all products arent coded to work exactly like another. I have several bluetooth earbud sets and one brand controls the volume on my phone and the other does not. This does not include turning up the volume for the promaster...its like two or three clicks up on volume most times. Something ive learned to deal with.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I use android, but Bluetooth works fine. Does your radio have all of the software upgrades? I have a 2014 and initially had lots of issues that software upgrades resolved.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Mine were all done by the dealer. If you have a 2015, the firmware upgrades may have already been done during a previous service and that's why none are required at this time.

·
Super Moderator
10,173 Posts
There was one back in ‘15 I believe but not for the GPS. You had to DL it on a stick and plug it into the uc to do it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
if it's not working, it's probably your car audio's fault. I have the same device and I am able to listen to my music without problems on my JVC BT-11. The feature your car audio needs is called A2DP, it's different from the Bluetooth mode that is used to relay your phone to your car in order to be able to talk on the phone hands-free. If there is nothing in your handbook then that probably means that it is not supported but you should google for that, there probably are other people with other Bluetooth players that have the same problem. Or just ask Citroen if you don't know what exact model your audio is.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts