Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I payed for a block heater but can't seem to locate it! Any Ideas! The user guide only makes reference to it in the diesel section with very little information.

Thanks

·
Registered
164 Posts
I payed for a block heater but can't seem to locate it! Any Ideas! The user guide only makes reference to it in the diesel section with very little information.

Thanks
If you have it then the location for the plug would be front bumper passengers side under the small access door about 2" x 2"

·
Registered
81 Posts
I plugged mine in today and the plug was on the drivers side under the hood. Don't know where the actual block heater is located though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Like Sleepy said, right side, under the hood. Look at the fuse block area for a black cord. The plug and plug cover are also black, another genius move by someone.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you have it then the location for the plug would be front bumper passengers side under the small access door about 2" x 2"
Evidently I don't have it! Not the first option I paid for and didn't get. Behind the 2" door is a solid plate with a female screw, as to screw in a tow bolt. I'll call the dealer today. Haven't got much information from that bunch!

Thanks

·
Registered
253 Posts
I found mine!

Evidently I don't have it! Not the first option I paid for and didn't get. Behind the 2" door is a solid plate with a female screw, as to screw in a tow bolt. I'll call the dealer today. Haven't got much information from that bunch!

Thanks
You got my curiosity up, so I decided to go look for mine. Was hoping it wasn't missing like my air compressor was when I took delivery. I was staring at things under the hood for a good five minutes before it jumped out at me. The cord was visible bundled with a zip tie right next to the fuse box. The plug was hanging down from there. You can see it in the middle of the pic I took. Apologize in advance for the upside down or sideways pic. Ipads and this website don't play well together.
IMG_0230.JPG

Reactions: PMF

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You got my curiosity up, so I decided to go look for mine. Was hoping it wasn't missing like my air compressor was when I took delivery. I was staring at things under the hood for a good five minutes before it jumped out at me. The cord was visible bundled with a zip tie right next to the fuse box. The plug was hanging down from there. You can see it in the middle of the pic I took. Apologize in advance for the upside down or sideways pic. Ipads and this website don't play well together.
View attachment 3626
Pete:

Thanks that was just what I needed! Mine was hid a little better, but right where you said! I'm located in Iowa and it's headed towards 0 tonight.
This forum is the Bomb!

Thanks

Wayne

·
Registered
810 Posts
Pete:

Thanks that was just what I needed! Mine was hid a little better, but right where you said! I'm located in Iowa and it's headed towards 0 tonight.
This forum is the Bomb!

Thanks

Wayne
success!!!!
Ill look for one on mine... although it's not listed on the window sticker.. who knows.. maybe I got lucky and they put on on by mistake!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
will you please tell me the location of the engine block heater, manufacturer said ,the van is equiped with the block heater but the dealer needs to install the cord, now Im obligated to look for myself and find the actual block heater and see if I only need the cord so I don't spend and extra $360 plus installation ,Thank you

·
Registered
12 Posts
will you please provide me with a picture of the location of the engine block heater, Im know where the cord is suppose to be , but not the actual block heater , Thank you

·
Registered
533 Posts
That's what I believe, wiring is all that is needed. I will have to check on cost, I would like to plug in this winter.

·
Premium Member
8,724 Posts
The diesel supplement manual says:
Extreme Cold Weather
This vehicle has three heating elements; one engine block heater (a resistance heater installed in the water jacket of the engine) and two transmission heaters (one resistance heater installed under the oil reservoir of the hydraulic actuation system and one on the differential cover of the
transmission). They require a 110–115 Volt AC electrical outlet with a grounded, three-wire extension cord. Their use is recommended for environments that routinely fall below -10°F (-23°C). They should be used when the vehicle has not been running overnight or longer periods and should be plugged in two hours prior to start. Their use is required for cold starts with temperatures under -20°F (-29°C).
NOTE: The engine is designed to work at an ambient temperature ranging from -22°F to + 122°F (-30°C to + 50C°). Rubber, pipes, timing belt cover and electronic devices are not designed to work out of this range.
In the case of LOW temperature after Starting, the Automated Manual Transmission may not be able to engage first gear. In this case a message ?Shift not allowed? appears. In this situation use the engine block heater.

NOTE: The engine and transmission block heater cord is a factory installed option. If your vehicle is not equipped, heater cords are available from your authorized MOPAR® dealer.
• A 12 Volt heater built into the fuel filter housing aids in preventing fuel gelling. It is controlled by a built-in thermostat.
• A Diesel Pre-Heat system both improves engine start- ing and reduces the amount of white smoke generated by a warming engine.

So if that is right you have the heater and need the cord(s) as Adrian said.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Block heater

I hope its more than an electrical hookup or I just agreed to pay $156 for a cord that I could probably put together for $10. Maybe I'll at least get a thermostat.:)

·
Premium Member
8,724 Posts
As the Canada diesels are all supposed to have the heater/cord installed from the factory it would behove some of our Northern friends to find the cord, follow it to the heater element and describe its location and send along a picture. Please eh? Red Green could do a skit for it, very funny!

Reactions: Harberneiley
1 - 20 of 40 Posts