Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soooo, my mileage numbers have been blinking since I picked up my Promaster, ovr 1,000 miles ago. I may be dense, but I have gone thru the DVD and paper manual and can't figure out how to make it stop. Any help for the dash display impaired???

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
On the wiper controls at the end of it there is a button,press that and see what happens.
It says "trip" on it.

·
Registered
810 Posts
In my quick start guide...there is a toll free nunber to call with questions.
I called them once because my display was only showing Trip A. The lady on the other end looked it up and we got it.
Maybe call them and ask.

·
Super Moderator
726 Posts
You have only to disconnect the battery for a while. It's probably a problem of communication in the can bus.
I second that.

By the way,, the battery is easy to disconnect, no tools required. There is a clip on the negative terminal.

·
Super Moderator
8,964 Posts
You have to make sure the small screw that holds the fuses on top of the battery is unscrewed or you won't be able to lift it up.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
You have to make sure the small screw that holds the fuses on top of the battery is unscrewed or you won't be able to lift it up.
Huh? Not the positive terminal. Take off the negitive ,just flip the lever and
off it comes. Just like Guy said. Very easy.

·
Premium Member
8,714 Posts
I had the same problem on my Ducato...;)
Wait! You have a DUCATO? Tell us more. Diesel? whih engine and trans.? Mileage? Year? service and reliability?

·
Registered
247 Posts
It's a common configuration here: 2012 L2 H2 2.3 mjt 150 hp. 3300kg total weight. Manual 6 speed. Oil change every 45000km, timing belt every 250000. I live in the Dolomite mountains: the engine is very brilliant, but the consumption is the most interesting thing: driving with no attention it does 11km/lt for real that is the same value shown by the computer. I had the problems of the squealing brakes, the noisy bushing and little noises from the dashboard. The first two have gone by their shelf, the last resolved by the dealer under warranty. Now It has 54000 km and is doing very well. Fiat commercial vehicles usually have little problems under warranty, but after they are more reliable than the average and will last many years.
Now the Ducato 2006 is around by 8 years and perhaps all the users are satisfied. No rust. Some problems at the gearbox and at the injection system only on the first production. Some are loosing the first layer of paint on the top of the cabin, but Fiat repaint those vehicles for free.
I write on this forum because I'm passionate in vehicles and also my studies were about this field.
I was curious about the introduction of this vehicle in USA...so common for us and so strange for you!
I've also a company in North Carolina...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Mine started doing the same, I think it has somthing to do with holding the menu burton too long, confusing the computer.

I tried disconnecting the battery and that didn't work, odometer is still blinking.

Next?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Was there ever a resolution to this? I don't want to take my PM to the dealer AGAIN!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts