Flame Red
Swivel seats
Uconnect 5 Nav (Not the best for sure)
Color matched bumpers and moldings
Powder coated wheels
Insulated and Dyno Mat cargo area with factory panels and hardwood floor
Rear helper spring removed \
1500 miles on it so far so good

Nice to be on here, I did a lot of surfing of this forum in the waiting time for my van to be made (6 months)
thank you all for the good ideas. Hope I come up with some to share on here. I own a motorcycle shop and have never been able to leave anything alone.

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Welcome. Factory swivels? Do you mean you took out the second leaf of the springs? How does it sit now?

·
Registered
552 Posts
I saw a 136" high roof with factory swivels on our local Craigslist. It was being sold by a company that does conversions. I guess they decided not to convert this one.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took it to my painter and had him spray all the ugly grey plastics. Wasn't to bad $1500 ( no bro deal) , because I wanted a guarantee that if it didn't hold up he would buy me all new parts. Working great though. And looks so much better.
. Yes I removed second leaf. 1 hour job, drilled top plate out the bolt size and used all factory hardware.

Swivel seats with arm rests and lumbar are factory options for 2016. Seat belts are in seats to this way and sits lower than if you add on. Been thinking and did some measuring and I believe the swivel bases are lower than the solid seat bases.
I will get pics up soon they are on my I-pad and I am working right now and have a riding session tmrw so try to get them up by sunday. Thanks all for the interest.

·
Registered
538 Posts
That's a darned good looking van!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No sorry it went so quick and easy I didn't even thing about it. I have a lift so I am a little spoiled, but even without it is just a matter of removing bottom shock bolts remove on side if the axle u bolts at a time and remove leaf. Do one side at a time and axle stays in place. Drill the factory whole in the top plate for the u bolts to the diameter of the centering bolt and it will then go through it and you put the nut that was underneath it on top of it.

·
Super Moderator
10,172 Posts
People, this mod has been written up by several people (including me) in the past. Just about anything you want to do or know is available if you search in the archives.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The radio leaves a lot to ask for. It is tied to the dash and the steering wheel controls so that is good. The nav is completely useless. its tom tom and not a good version. I use my I phone with google maps instead.

·
Super Moderator
10,172 Posts
Hi ! Would you have left off the order and done after market now if you could do over? We are ordering in a few days :)
Without a doubt! The radio has crap reception, the GPS sucks, the back up camera has a tiny view obstructed at least 20% if you have a high top, the Bluetooth does usually work well however.

·
Registered
25 Posts
So what do you think I should order in the High Roof Extended 2017 so I can easily put in the navigation and audio we would like after market? Sorry I really am at a bit of a loss as to what every thing is I would need . Thanks for your patience :)

·
Registered
493 Posts
So what do you think I should order in the High Roof Extended 2017 so I can easily put in the navigation and audio we would like after market? Sorry I really am at a bit of a loss as to what every thing is I would need . Thanks for your patience :)
I see you are looking at ordering a new PM. I'm in the same boat. Not sure if you going for gas or diesel, but if diesel my dealer is telling me that they aren't released for order yet.

Here's a thread I started that you may find interesting....

http://www.promasterforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56346

Shaun

1 - 17 of 17 Posts