Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody gone up one size on the tires for Promaster CITY yet? I'm thinking 225/60/R16's.Cooper CS5's.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Since I'm new, can't start posts yet,
What is the rim stud spacing on the PMC? Looking to get rims to put winters on. Thanks
John Mac

·
Registered
6 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Since I'm new, can't start posts yet,
What is the rim stud spacing on the PMC? Looking to get rims to put winters on. Thanks
John Mac
I have no idea what the spacing is.Or where to get rims that fit and are hub centric.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That outfit has some real nice rims,but the ones I would want I can't afford.So I'll just get some different tires for my ride.I'll go with 225/55/R16's.Just 10mm wider than the sotck ones,but much improved handling.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Clearance and Performance

That outfit has some real nice rims,but the ones I would want I can't afford.So I'll just get some different tires for my ride.I'll go with 225/55/R16's.Just 10mm wider than the sotck ones,but much improved handling.
How have these been working for you? Have you encountered any clearance issues?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm also interested to know about anyone's experience with larger tire diameters. I'm travelling to Chile/Argentina for the next 6 or so months and was looking to buy a small van that I could sleep in. I've been seriously considering a Fiat Doblo (identical to PMC other than the drive train -- I believe) but due to the number of unpaved roads I'd like to upgrade the tires to something a little tougher. In previous vehicles I've had great experiences with General Grabber AT2 tires but the smallest 16" tire that they come in is a 215/65/16 (27.0" overall) which seems like a pretty big increase over the stock 215/55/16 (25.3" overall). Anyone have any thoughts?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Thanks! Just reposting the relevant info here....

"1010tires.com. enter your vehicle description and search wheels and then tires. these are FAST Orbit 16 x 7 in black. The snow tires are Nexen Winguard Winspike XL (extra load). Free mounting/balancing and shipping. Ordered on a Tues afternoon and they arrived by Fri noon! CAD$922 + tax all in. They are great have over 1000 miles on them already"

·
Registered
2 Posts
Even larger tires?

I'm taking a trip to Chile and Argentina and am planning to buy a small van to get around and live in. I've been looking at Fiat Doblos (identical to PMC except for engine and transmission as far as I know) since they seem to offer enough space while still being economical to run. One of my concerns is the relatively low ground clearance and small city oriented tires since many of the roads, especially further south, are unpaved and can be a quite rough. I was wondering how feasible it would be to fit all terrain tires? I've had good experiences with General Grabber AT2 tires but the smallest size they come in is 205/75/15 (27.1" overall diameter). The stock tires that come fitted are 215/55/16 which is 25.3" overall. Is that too much of an increase?

·
Registered
129 Posts
For now after some searching, there are no more aggressive off-road style tires for the odd rim size found on the PMC. At best one can find is a tire with a T/A(A/T) or M/S rating or buy snow tires.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had 225’s installed and they just barely rubbed the wheel well liner. I went back to the 215’s. There is a company in Colorado that makes a 2” front lift kit that is about 400.00. In planning on installing that when warranty is up then up grading bigger tires

·
Registered
117 Posts
Finally, someone else noticed the City is equipped with summer tires. useless in the brief winter we had. Good thing spring is here.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Please reply with the name or link to the Colorado company?

I had 225’s installed and they just barely rubbed the wheel well liner. I went back to the 215’s. There is a company in Colorado that makes a 2” front lift kit that is about 400.00. In planning on installing that when warranty is up then up grading bigger tires

·
Registered
129 Posts
Is there a 15 inch rim out there with the same bolt pattern which could offer more tire choices? My concern with a lift kit or anything which changes the van's geometry is reduced stability and reduced fuel economy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm finding it very hard to find any aftermarket wheels. TireRack is surprisingly devoid of any helpful feedback ("We have nothing. Sorry."), and 1010tires now shows nada for the PMC.

At this rate, I think I'm going to go with OEM steelies for the winter, and stick with the standard 215/55R16.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'm finding it very hard to find any aftermarket wheels. TireRack is surprisingly devoid of any helpful feedback ("We have nothing. Sorry."), and 1010tires now shows nada for the PMC.

At this rate, I think I'm going to go with OEM steelies for the winter, and stick with the standard 215/55R16.
Fast Wheels in Canada still has these available and they have been awesome on my PMC. I posted pics previously in this thread above on page 1. Here is link to Fast Wheels website and the Orbit wheel...
https://www.fastwheels.ca/categories.aspx?v=ram_2015_promaster+city_slt+wagon-slt+wagon_s
They have been super as winter wheels because the open spoke design didn't clog up with snow and effect the balance like many wheels do. Plus they look fantastic even if I do say so myself lol.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts