Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Am getting divorced :( wife is getting house. Rather than just find somewhere else to live in Dallas, I decided to get a van and make it into a camper and hit the roads of N. America for a year and see if I can find somewhere more attractive than Dallas and definitely cooler than DFW!

Bought a 2017 2500 Promaster 159 high roof and am converting with some awesome help from a friend who is a master of all trades and damned good too.

Will post some pics when I get permission to post. Meanwhile, does anyone know the purpose of these odd vent things near the back doors?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v1rrpmx4j3ciin2/vent.jpeg?dl=0

Best, Les

·
Registered
23 Posts
Can one use those vents to blow air out of the rear cargo area and suck air in from outside with an in-line blower? Where is the exterior port for those vents? Are they crucial to reduce Carbon Monoxide poisoning?

·
Registered
2017 2500 HiTop 159 Cargo Van white.
521 Posts
I do not think it would be a good idea to suck air in from back there. Way to much dust for one from the rear wheels. Your dash fan brings in filtered air from the front. CO is not a good thing to have in your van.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Right now just thinking about using one of those rear wheel vents as an exhaust fan outlet only. In this scheme there would be a high pressure in-line fan mounted to one of the inside vents that only blew air from inside the cargo area to the outside of the van. I think you are right about not using those vents to suck air into the cargo area. Others are finding that dust can come in that way too. The inline van would still let the door pressure blow out, as intended by Ducato.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts