Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
All Terrain Tires

When I bought my 1500, low roof 136 wb Promaster, I immediately put on the Michelin LTX All Terrain tires and have been happy with them both on and off the road. Quiet ride and great traction.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Before switching, consider Schwan man has 115,000 miles on his original set. I'd say the stock tires are going to be hard to beat.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I had those on my last van (GMC Savana 3500) and wasn't really impressed. I think the stock ProMaster tires did better in the snow. I want to point out that those tires weight rating is 500 lbs less than the stock tires and the speed rating is much lower. I don't understand why anyone would want to swap the original tires as they are REALLY good and very expensive!

·
Registered
601 Posts
All-Terrain T/A KO's come from a long line of excellent tires. Most people love the All-Terrain T/A's and they're a good all around/all in one tire.

Things to consider?

The "E" load rating is lower than the OEM Vanco's. Could effect the Promaster's usage depending on how you're using it. If it's as a true load carrier you may not want to go with a lower load rating?

I think you will see a reduction in mpg compared to the OEM tires.

Winter performance should be better than the OEM's but there are winter specific tires that are much better.

Speed rating is lower than OEM's. Not unusual for All Terrain and winter specific tires. Who's doing a 100+ mph in a Promaster anyway...

So, if you're looking for an all terrain tire I think they're a pretty good choice.

·
Registered
20 Posts
➡ IT IS OFFICIAL GUYS, we are on YouTube!!! 👏🏼

Our YouTube channel will be very similar to our IG page, just showing the world what vanlife looks like from our perspective plus DIY van build and repairs. 🔨

Our VERY 1st VIDEO is about how we modified our rear wheel well when we upgraded our stock tires to BFGoodrich KO2s. 😎

We wanted to give insight to the community on how we solved this issue, since we couldn’t locate a single video on YouTube on how to do this. 👨‍💻

Check it out on our page Lindsey and Danny Vanlife... and don’t forget to subscribe 😉

FOLLOW US right meow 😼

https://instagram.com/lindseyanddannyvanlife?igshid=1vpsstw928mym

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts