Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been frustrating searching for a ProMaster online, particularly difficult to ID which options are on PM's in stock & almost impossible to filter for the options you want. Even Ram salesman still has trouble confirming must have items. You'd think it would be simple to determine if a PM has windows in sliding & rear doors - that hasn't been the case.

Am hoping Ram Truck will upgrade their system & it will trickle down to Ram dealerships.

Has anybody found the best way to search regionally for PM's in dealer inventory?

·
Registered
86 Posts
It has been frustrating searching for a ProMaster online, particularly difficult to ID which options are on PM's in stock & almost impossible to filter for the options you want. Even Ram salesman still has trouble confirming must have items. You'd think it would be simple to determine if a PM has windows in sliding & rear doors - that hasn't been the case.

Am hoping Ram Truck will upgrade their system & it will trickle down to Ram dealerships.

Has anybody found the best way to search regionally for PM's in dealer inventory?
Just looked. All the information is on the Window sticker.

Go to ram trucks--shopping tools-- search inventory--pick type of van you want--when vehicle details come up--click window sticker..

·
Registered
552 Posts
Promaster search

I've found that www.commercialtrucktrader.com has been pretty good for searching for Promasters. The VIN is usually shown in the listing. Cut and paste the VIN, then add it to the end of this URL.

http://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=

If the VIN is valid, and the PM is available, then it should come up with the window sticker.

There is another way to expand your search a little. If you're looking for a certain wheelbase or model, then you can simplify your search by knowing the model designation, which is used in positions 5-8 of the VIN. For instance, VIN 3C6TRVCG2EE128691 has RVCG in positions 5-8.

RVC is 2500 High Roof 136" wheelbase. G is 3.6 litre Gas.

If the letters were RVCD then it would be 136" WB 3.0 litre diesel.

The letter for the motor just coincidentally has G for gas and D for diesel since it happens that those are the codes for the variants of gas and diesel engines used in the Promaster. Different diesel and gas motors in the FCA line up use different codes.

So, I'm thinking of buying a 159" WB high roof diesel. The VIN would have RVDD in those positions. The window version is RVP, so RVPG is a gas 2500 259" WB with windows, and RVPD is the diesel version.

Have a look at http://www.rambodybuilder.com/2015/docs/intro/vin.pdf to determine the letters of the model designation you are looking for.

Okay, so lets say you are looking for a 2500 136" wb high roof diesel. The model code is RVCD. The VIN's all start with 3C6T, meaning built in Mexico with a GVWR of 8001 to 9000 pounds.

Okay.. you'd be looking for a VIN that starts with 3C6TRVCD . Go back to www.commercialtrucktrader.com and search all vehicles with 3C6TRVCD as the keyword.

I find this has been more accurate since it looks at the actual VIN, and does not rely on what the dealer actually listed the vehicle as. I saw a sweet deal on a new diesel when I searched all diesel 2500's, only to discover that it was a V6 gas listed in the diesel category.

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts