Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 17 or 18 promaster hi roof long wheel base, I have a factory partition wall and have removed it for space. Need a partition for legality reasons so I'm after one that will allow me to scoot my seat all the way back. Or the one that gives me most leg room. My office bought this truck the other day when I was out of town and couldn't test drive so I was kinda shocked when I sat in it actually how uncomfortable it was compared to my current chevy van, but does ride and handle better, the Chevy probably has more power in my mind tho as well. Keep in mind my Chevy has 350000 miles on it lol. But back to the wall issue I'll take any info anyone has I've done some research on the walls but looks like the best i can get is about 3 inches would that be enough to fully scoot my seat back? Not beyond modifying a partition I buy or building something out of steel or aluminum for the ol girl.

·
Premium Member
2018 159 High Roof gas, BC, Canada
1,404 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No don't really want to use wood more of a Fab guy. Hate wood lol. But I ordered the Adrian steel partition and threw mine in the scrap pile. I'll post pics of any modifications I do to that partition just for ideas. Need a good way to haul pipe on it if anyone has any ideas. Was thinking about a pipe rack inside the rig on the celeing, as well as a 6 ft ladder holder on the inside celeing of the van to tall to stand up in it so that perk isn't there lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
How much pipe and what size?
I'm considering a raised floor in mine to store conduit, strut, 1/2 and 3/4" copper tubing,zinsser tracktracks,levels, and some zip poles.

I didn't think it was a smart idea but have been browsing online getting ideas and it's been growing on me.

I had your thinking first about strapping some 4" pvc tubing to the ceiling to make a storage tube like you would on a roof rack buy the raised floor for me is probably the way I'm going to go.

If you are hauling rigid/black/or cast iron I think it's advantageous to have that weight down low.

Thoughts?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts