Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright...I haven't even bought my van yet, but I'm trying to price it out and sort through what features I'd want it to just come with from the dealership.

Use case- traveling around with my kiddo camping, so I'm just going to cover the basics to start like a bed and ceiling vent. I'm not going to be living out of the van, but might like to add some things down the road like fridge, sink and stove. I need to be able to tow a raft and eventually put a roof rack on for kayaks.

Using Dodge Ram's website "Build and Price" I'm looking at all the options that can be added to the base model. I could use some advice about what are some "must haves". For example the RV Ready Prep Package a good idea? Online resources, personal experience...all is helpful.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I'd get the extra 2 remotes (4 total). It used to be around $120 order option, not sure what it is now.

·
Registered
2018 Silver 159 HT
182 Posts
Must haves, cruise, windows. Very nice to have, folding mirrors, non-white, extra FOB, defrost rear, 6-way driver seat, big alternator. Nice haves, appearance package, convenience package, alloy wheels, debadged, upfitter mod. Upgrade after delivery with aftermarket, speakers, add rear speakers swivel seat, Nav/radio and SumoSprings.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
In 2017, the factory swivel option came with 6-way seats; ours has them. I imagine it still does. You have to be careful interpreting the ordering guide. If it says one option can't be ordered with another, it means they are either incompatible or redundant.

The first post in Shiny's build thread (linked in my signature block below) lists the options we factory ordered. If we were doing it over, there are only two things we might not order again: the 220A alternator (no difference in output over the standard 180A when charging coach batteries) and maybe the security alarm (honks when locked with fob; wakes up the campground).

We decided against the RV package. We wanted to pick and choose ourselves. It includes things we did not want, etc. IIRC, it may also only be available with fleet purchases, like debadging was when we ordered.

·
Premium Member
19’ Promaster 2500 136” DIY Camper Build
39 Posts
Just a heads up used prices are really low right now in the US. Even the new 2019 and 2020 stock at the dealerships are well priced. Might be worth buying pre-owned or used if it has factory warranty or was a lease vehicle. Might be worth if seeing a dealership has something in stock.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Just a heads up used prices are really low right now in the US. Even the new 2019 and 2020 stock at the dealerships are well priced. Might be worth buying pre-owned or used if it has factory warranty or was a lease vehicle. Might be worth if seeing a dealership has something in stock.
Im not seeing real low on used or leftover new when looking for a 3500 extended. of couse i owned 2 already and want it optioned out

·
Registered
35 Posts
Alright...I haven't even bought my van yet, but I'm trying to price it out and sort through what features I'd want it to just come with from the dealership.

Use case- traveling around with my kiddo camping, so I'm just going to cover the basics to start like a bed and ceiling vent. I'm not going to be living out of the van, but might like to add some things down the road like fridge, sink and stove. I need to be able to tow a raft and eventually put a roof rack on for kayaks.

Using Dodge Ram's website "Build and Price" I'm looking at all the options that can be added to the base model. I could use some advice about what are some "must haves". For example the RV Ready Prep Package a good idea? Online resources, personal experience...all is helpful.
So much depends on your personal experiences, location, and what you want to do with the van.

If you want stealth and/or are in an area with lots of sun, I would recommend white. Where will you park? Do you want to be able to park in a parking garage? Given a choice of roof heights almost everyone (including me) would recommend a high roof.

Personally, I wouldn't recommend any windows in the back. You will most likely put in windows that tilt out. This will provide ventilation even in the rain.

Must haves for me were:
Interior Convenience Group
6-way adjustable seats
Heated Seats
Trailer tow group
Power Folding/Heated Mirrors
Front Fog Lights
Park Sense Rear park assist
12 Volt rear Power Outlet
Cruise Control
LED Cargo Area lighting by Mopar
Daytime Running Lights

I have a 3500 Ext with these options and I'm happy with them. I'd do the same thing again. I believe if you order yours, you will be getting a 2021 that will have the rear camera. I'm not sure if it's standard or an option. I'd be getting that for sure as well.

Good luck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts