Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Read Only
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not the horn, but the instrument cluster. Mine makes two short chirps every so often and at random times, speeds. Its not the speed limiter sound. Anyone else get that beep beep sound? Maybe the audio guy put a 4" drywall screw through the speedometer while installing the subwoofer?
I am also in the works to replace that paltry sounding horn with something much much louder. Too many people sitting at lights doing their facebook thing on their phones waiting on a different shade of green before they wake up...

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Not sure about the beeping, but 100% onboard with train horns for the morons on their phones.

·
Read Only
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Horns get delivered by 8am tomorrow morning ;)

Not train horns, but definitely louder then the original. I'd run out of air in the tanks from blowing the train horns so often against phone texters!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I can't talk about it. It infuriates me and I'll say a bunch of horrible things and wouldn't want everyone to think I'm a nut.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Not the horn, but the instrument cluster. Mine makes two short chirps every so often and at random times, speeds. Its not the speed limiter sound. Anyone else get that beep beep sound?
Likely it's the warning sound that accompanies some warning lights (low gas, etc). If you don't see a warning light at the same time, it might be a defective instrument cluster, or something. Random stuff is a bugger to chase down though. That stuff almost never happens at the dealership.

·
Read Only
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You put a subwoofer in your dash??? :confused::)

It's a joke. I had a car stereo shop install a subwoofer under the driver seat and to mount it, they used 3" drywall screws that went into the fuel tank. They are paying for the replacement of the tank. I just as much figured their installer drove more drywall screws mounting crap like the remote starter brain through the speedometer!

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
It's a joke. I had a car stereo shop install a subwoofer under the driver seat and to mount it, they used 3" drywall screws that went into the fuel tank. They are paying for the replacement of the tank. I just as much figured their installer drove more drywall screws mounting crap like the remote starter brain through the speedometer!
One of the reasons I decided on DIY in the first place, was to be in control of the labour (me). If I designed and built it, then I knew about it and who did it and probably could remember where I "screwed" up - pun intended (hope it isn't still to raw).

You sound like me in this circumstance. I too am the type of guy who would be upset about drywall screws and also while fixing an install "smell gas" while un screwing profesional labour I paid more for than I feel it is worth. I'm not saying my mindset is correct - far from it - I am just saying this is a huge factor for me deciding to DIY camper conversion.

·
Read Only
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No Worries RV8R. I actually laughed when I pulled out the screw. Either way, they were going to fix it. I have so much to do to prep this van to my liking that I just wanted to get a head start on the time labor sensitive things. I am working outside now installing the Noico sound deadener and I truly am impressed by the thick thud sound I get when tapping on the body. I have the sliding door left and then off for a drive. I have the factory wall protection so before installing them back, I applied a bead of clear silicone to further stop the rattles. I didn't do the roof ribs. Living in AZ, the summer sun would have those fall off leaving tar stains despite the van being white.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine makes two short chirps every so often and at random times, speeds. Its not the speed limiter sound. Anyone else get that beep beep sound?
I do and it is driving me crazy!
Bought a used RV based on a 2014 Promaster 3500 cutaway last October. In my case I've spent a fair amount of time trying to track it down, unsuccessfully :-( I have determined that it is coming through the radio, but I can not for the life of me sort out what triggers it. No indicators on either the IP or the radio when it happens. It only happens while the vehicle is moving. If the radio is off, no chime, until the next time that you turn on the radio and then it immediately chimes (presumably the trigger happened while the radio was off). I just picked it up from the dealer who did a software update on the radio, but that did not fix it.

Did you get your chiming sorted out?
Cheers,
ed
--

·
Premium Member
2016 3500 ext-ht
343 Posts
Probably a notification that you need to take your van into Larry H Miller to get it serviced. Same for the text messages every week letting me know there are two recalls and I should make an appointment so they can fix it. I just reply: OK, set me up for next week, but I will not pay a "diagnostic fee." Three appointments cancelled due to no parts for the recall. But they sure try to rope you into the $135.00 diagnostic fee.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I do and it is driving me crazy!
Bought a used RV based on a 2014 Promaster 3500 cutaway last October. In my case I've spent a fair amount of time trying to track it down, unsuccessfully :-( I have determined that it is coming through the radio, but I can not for the life of me sort out what triggers it. No indicators on either the IP or the radio when it happens. It only happens while the vehicle is moving. If the radio is off, no chime, until the next time that you turn on the radio and then it immediately chimes (presumably the trigger happened while the radio was off). I just picked it up from the dealer who did a software update on the radio, but that did not fix it.

Did you get your chiming sorted out?
Cheers,
ed
--
In case anyone else experiences this, it turned out that someone had played with the Nav system and set up proximity alarms on some points of interest. It seemed random, but was actually the proximity to some POI.
ed
--

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I have exactly the same problem as the OP. It's not POI alarms, it's something else. Has anyone solved this?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts