Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I placed my order for the 2014 Promaster shortly after the model was actually put on sale. Probably one of the first sandstone versions off the line; had to wait almost 5 months for it to be built and delivered as FCA was still filling the pipeline with generic white, stripped models to sell to contractors.

It's made a few long-distance hauls fully loaded moving lots of my parent's lifelong accumulations. Now it mostly hauls dogs and pallets of dog food for local rescues in my area.

Of course, it's had its quirks. The major one this year has involved the A/C blower -- it powers up on its own when the van is OFF and the key is not in the ignition, and will run until the battery dies. I've learned to pull the fuse every time I leave, and so the cover stays off of the fuse box under the hood.

Five days ago, the blower motor died. I had two dogs along for a groomer run; fortunately, it was early evening so we managed to stay cool enough. Dealer says they've seen two other dead blower motors, and some bad resistors. No mention in the forum that I've found yet -- anyone else have this issue? Dealer says motor is on backorder from the manufacturer. Sounds like I'm out of the dog-hauling business for a few weeks!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Wow! Have not heard of that one yet:( Hope your dealer will resolve the issue under warranty. I've had most all the issues of the early adopters have had, but this is a new one.

NashvilleJazz, thanks so much for your volunteer work with the rescues!!!!!!! We have three rescue pups that came to us through the great work that so many people like yourself do!

Cheers,

Dave

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Turns out the blower motor power module was bad -- as well as the motor itself. Module replaced, but the motor is not available -- so still NO A/C in this hot southern summer. Supposedly, the motor is on backorder, but apparently is not the same one being used in current models.

Lots of software updates and a few recall items. Will see if the update on the tire pressure sensor eventually lets the system work properly; it's still lighting up the warning indicator even though the tire pressure's OK all around.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts