Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put Flooring in...BedRug. I had this product before in a truck and did not know they make them for Promaster. I was very surprised how nice it was and by far super easy to put in. You only have to remove the front B pillar lower panels and then put them back over the floor. The van rides quieter for sure, however I already sound proofed the most problem areas such as the wheel wells and the walls. I think if I put down some dynomat below the rug it would help even further, but don't thinks its totally needed.

I will put some door sill trim to finish it out later once I primer and paint the seat mounts. Its super easy to cut around anything. It is preformed for the ribs...so if you have a flat floor you will need to maybe modify it slightly to get a flat feel. I will eventually stick it down with some velcro but even that is not absolutely needed.

For $200-250 this by far is the least expensive bang for your buck flooring. Not ideal if you have a lot of sand/dirt...but all you do is pull it out and hose it off...no big deal. It acts as a mild sound dampener, insulation, and comfortable floor all in one!

I have a build thread but thought I would post this here as some don't look at build threads and I couldn't find any information on this product for Promaster.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Good to know that you're happy with it. I've been waiting about 3 months for them to release this for the EXT body fitment. Not sure what their delay is, but for close to two months they keep responding to me that it'll be ready "in a couple of weeks".

I'm guessing it'll all be worth the weight as I have a sample of the material and I think it's great, at least for somebody like me doing a camper conversion.

·
Registered
167 Posts
How much you have across? I am Very Sure you sleep across.coz bare walls without insulation on PM 78.5"

·
Registered
240 Posts
please, correct me if I am wrong

"Made of
100% polypropylene, the
BedRug
bed liner looks & feels like carpet"
That scars the **** out of me! I would use this in an open pick-up truck, but never in an enclosed living area.
Why? FIRE, deadly toxic SMOKE. Polypropylene is a petroleum product and when it burns you've got bad problems.
I could be wrong, I was wrong once before

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
If it doesn't absorb moister, sign me up. Fire in a vehicle is very rare. I am more concern with mold or rust. However, I would add a layer of vinyl on top for easy cleaning...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts