Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions on a good propane grill that doesn't take up too much space? I already have a butane stove, but traveling with a grill would be nice for dogs and burgers on the road! My wife has an issue with the rusty, gunked up campground grilles we've seen.

I've looked at cheap ones in Walmart, but they seem to be a bunch of pieces that will bang and clang around no matter where I put it for storage. And they look messy to deal with after cooking and cooling down...

·
Premium Member
8,838 Posts

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's one of the units I've been looking at! Wasn't sure how easy it is to clean after cooking. Griddle looks interesting, but I'm not sure I would use it instead of the butane with a pan.

Does the clicker actually work?

Did you get the carry case?... looks like $$$ for a bag!

·
Premium Member
8,838 Posts
No grill is super easy to clean but this has a trough around the perimeter and it catches most of the grease and crud. I probably should not have bought the griddle. I did not buy the case. I have thought about just putting it in one of those LL Bean canvas bags from our past. Oddly enough the clicker has worked- so far.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have the non-click start version of the fold N go. It's about $20 bucks cheaper.

I also have the case. The case, really a bag, is very nice as it keeps everything together including the propane bottles. The grill has the worst latch I've ever seen so the case also helps to keep the thing closed. I think it's worth the money.

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
eric,

I was looking last night. It appears that the black version has no clicker... but most places charge more for the black one (coleman site...$69 red, $79 black). Walmart seems to have the best price on the red (clicker version). I have a spot for the propane tanks in one of my wheel well boxes, so I won't store the propane on the sides. Maybe a generic case would work for me.

Good info guys... will order the red one and go from there

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've had a Weber Q 100 that's 15 years old and still works great. Pay more now for a quality grill and buy it once.

·
Premium Member
8,838 Posts
Perhaps you should have gotten this then.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002VLYAW0/ref=psdc_10124195011_t2_B002VLYAVQ My problem with it and the weber is they are just too big to carry with all the other useful stuff.
I go to our local refuse transfer station every few years in the spring and pick up my next home grill for free from the perfectly good ones that have gone out of style and are discarded. If is a popular model I get extra parts from others there. I am probably the wrong person to suggest spending more is a good idea having avoided it for so long. I even bought the Fold-N-Go from a warehouse deal so I paid much less, about 1/4 the Weber price and 1/15 the really good one’s price.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Well there's a sweet spot in the quality vs price curve and it seems like that grill is on the wrong side of it. Agree that the Weber takes up more cargo room but the 100 isn't that big. I've got a quick connect to the van LPG tank so I don't need to carry the green bombs which saves some room.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts