Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my '16 promaster (stock radio setup) sitting in the driveway for a few months without driving it. The battery completely died, and after jumping it, the radio flashes messages about an error code and a 4-digit number.

Does anyone know how to get this to stop? I see YouTube videos about a hidden 4 digit code on the inside of the stereo (visible only after removing the entire stereo) - but I'd rather not take apart the stereo.

The persistent blinking error code ran my battery back down to nothing!

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
10,542 Posts
I think all you have to do is pop out the radio to find the code or just ask the dealer to run your VIN and get it for you.

·
Super Moderator
10,542 Posts
That seems daunting...
Not at all. I used 2 pieces of metal coat hanger bent to fit the holes on the side (uConnect5) then it releases the spring catches and you can pull it right out. While it's out (if you have the double din uConect5) take the 2 phillips screws out of the clipboard and you have a great place to hide things that's very accessible.

Eddie has written it all up a search will find it for you. If you don't have the uC5 I'm sure the uC3 is pretty much removed the same way.

·
Premium Member
8,832 Posts
When you got the Van there was a small sticker with the radio code on it. I entered mine in my records in my computer but kept the code sticker in my owner’s manual as no one will steal a UC-3!
The radio code is entered with the first three numbered buttons for radio station selection. BTW if you are planning to leave the van for a month or more get a trickle charger and attach it to the jump contacts under the hood and plug it in.
When I have disconnected the battery 3 times now) t change or install swivels the code needs to be reentered.

·
Premium Member
8,832 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts