Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I still haven’t received my service manual CD ($172 total from Chrysler! What did everyone else pay?) & was hopin someone could help me again. I’m lookin to wire an air horn & it requires a relay & a fused line goin to the positive side battery terminal. Of course the owner’s manual is useless & no info out there on the web. Could somebody check the location & the access points to the freakin battery for me? I believe it’s located somewhere under the driver’s side floor panel however I’d feel more comfortable lookin at an illustration & some detailed instructions. Thanx…

~Flash~

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Hello Flash
Between the seats, take the big cover off on the floor. The positive terminals are
on the drivers side with tons of connections on them. Add a fuse there and carry on.
Can't remember what I paid for service manual but it will pay you back in a heart beat.
Good luck.
PS. You should put a train horn on there (add an air compresser)and wake up some
of the drivers that have a glue bag stuck to there face Lol!

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Oh I forgot, Disconnect the negative battery terminal first before doing any work.
It has a little lever that you flip and then pull off (easy) You may need to reset time
and such after.

·
Super Moderator
8,987 Posts
No so easy! You have to also release the red plastic clip inside the fuse cover on top of the battery. I believe there is a small screw that goes right into the top of the battery and then use a very small flat small screwdriver to pop the clip up then the + battery connector will come right up. You can always just break it off I suppose.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Hello Flash
Can't remember what I paid for service manual but it will pay you back in a heart beat.
uncubed,

Where did you get a service manual? I can check on price and it's probably worth it but I can't find out where to buy it. Also, does it have all the wiring diagrams? CD or book format?

Thanks for any info,
Ed

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just received my overpriced service manual CD. Tell me there is no "search" option available! All's I see is a "service & diagnostic" sidebar menu that if clicked on will initiate a dropdown criteria box with loads of sub-menus. That requires an awful lot of "drilling down" to find what you're lookin for. Anyone?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Search would be nice or even an index, but it's been OK so far. You can't do search with static HTML pages, which is what the manual is, but they could have included an app. My main beef is they say it requires Internet Explorer and so far that's been true for me. How much longer will Microsoft be including Internet Explorer with Windows?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts