Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 2015 PMC bought in 16 and lately my battery is not holding up, it is winter but not that cold here in OH.
wanted to know if others have had a problem something is on that draining it or a bad battery ?
2nd time in a week it does not have enough power to start.:(

·
Registered
6 Posts
2015 PMC, also bought in 2016, same problem here, just across the river in nky, was away for four days out of town, came back my promaster city slt wouldn't start. Jumped it, took it to autozone they ran their diagnostics, battery defective. Looks complicated to change out with all that stuff on top of it, dealership visit in a couple days

·
Registered
75 Posts
Im in Tx and just replaced my battery. It's not that hard to do. There's a lot of complicated-looking stuff, but you can just go past all that to the standard battery lugs. It's just like any other battery. The only real difference is the two small screws that physically hold all the complicated stuff to the top of the actual battery.

I'm definitely disappointed the battery didn't last longer.

·
Registered
920 Posts
You'd think that you should be able to get 5 years out of a new battery? jeeezzzz
My battery was doing fine.....until it wasn't.....2015 with 45000 miles.....battery tested..303 CCA.....rated 700 CCA.... did get 3 year warranty on new battery....nationwide....technetprossional.com.....it was cold and snowy.....did start van and ran for 3 minutes then around the driveway to pack down snow......was able to power start from mechanic....tested at shop.....hope for couple years.....will carry warranty on out of town trips

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Most Mopar & Ford cars and truck usually have an indication of the battery going dead through the radio/clock. If your battery is getting low or going bad, the clock would reset to 12:00. If you reset the clock thinking nothing of it, 1 or 2 days later, it would go back to 12:00 again. Have any of you noticed this feature?
It used to be stated in the manual, but I didnt see anything in PMC manual about this.
That is a shame. I've had Ram trucks for years and the batteries lasting me for 4-5 years with more than 100,000 miles. Cheap ass crap!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts