Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bragged last week how well my PM did in a few single digit days up in N. Va. over the weekend. I spoke too soon. After sitting about 4 days in single digit temps at night here in SE Va., it died on me this morning as I tried to run some errands. Jumping didn't work. I believe the battery was absorbing it faster than the starter could get power. So I have it on a 20 amp charger now. I'll try it again in an hour. It'll be warmer then too. That'll help.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After some hours on the charger, it is back up to snuff again. I think sitting for almost a week and the frigid cold was the issue. A 20 amp charge for 4 hours brought it back almost to peak charge. I'll leave it on a bit longer just to finish it.

·
Registered
810 Posts
rich... does your stock battery have a manufacturer date on it? Mine is Sept 2013.. and Im hoping that it makes it thru the rest of the season.

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,524 Posts
I'm thinking the same. We replaced our Sept '13 battery a few months ago.

Remember that dealers are notorious for abusing batteries.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll have to look for a date on it. My van was built Spring of 14. I'll get it load tested and if it is poor I'll try to get a new one under warranty. Its only got 21k miles and I'd have had it three years next Sept.

I'll look tomorrow before I put the manhole cover back in place. It (Lid) was too cold and stiff today to get the zus fasteners engaged.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts