Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the battery buss/fuse assembly on top of the battery I see the buss is very thin. Has anyone connected directly to the battery post bypass the buss/fuse assembly? I'll be running 150amp+ and don't like running it through the thin buss plate they have on the positive side that feeds everything else.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Did you take the red plate off to see how thick it is? I think it might be OK. It looks like a pretty good bus bar under that 8mm stud in the forward left corner. It would be pretty easy to go right to the battery post too.

What is that red thing in the upper left corner in the pic?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Is the Red 50A for the upfitter connection? If not I have no idea where the upfitter fuse is located.

I saw the red thing also when I was poking around in there. I thought maybe it was some type of tool for dealing with the fuses, but then I saw it was screwed down.

FWIW that plate is pretty thick. If it can handle a 250A fused circuit (lower right) it can handle about anything short of an electric oven.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The buss looks like it can handle the amps connected to it but not much more. I'm using thick copper bar in the connections to my inverter, fuse, contractor etc… so as not to loose voltage. It looks like it would work but not efficiently, losing some voltage. I'm going to run 4/0 to the post if I can fiddle it in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts