Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Slider door is getting tougher and tougher to open from the outside. I know I've read somewhere in here that folks have had this problem and come up with a solution, but can't seem to find it. Whatcha got?

Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
I found if I open the front door or have a window open alittle the door opens and closes easier.
I was getting a random rear door open alarm while driving, this also seemed to resolve this issue on my Travato.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think its a different issue than that, the door latch is difficult release from the outside, but is fine from the inside.

I get the door open thing every once in a while as well, but can't leave the windows down much of the year here.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Seems I remember reading here that the latch cables inside the door are too long or have too much slack. Someone fixed the prob by using a cable stop or cable clamp like you see on bicycle cables to take up the slack. That thread should be in here somewhere. Someone else solved their problem by adjusting a latch plate slightly for better alignment. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts