Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did some searching and found all sorts of automotive grade 3M attachment tapes. I want to attach custom emblems onto the van. I removed the red promaster emblem and saw that the tape was very strong, very sticky, fairly thin and took some effort to remove using Automotive GooGone. The OEM adhesive tape is very good and would like to find some of the same stuff but don't know exactly what it is. I found on Amazon this 3M Automotive Acrylic Plus Attachment Tape that's supposed to be super duper commercial grade enough to adhere spoilers onto cars. It is .045 inches thick which is close to the thickness of the OEM tape. Reviews say it is very sticky. Don't know if this is the same stuff but looks like it might work. Anyone use this or found something that is equivalent to the OEM adhesive tape? Thanks

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/3M-06384-Automotive-Acrylic-Attachment/dp/B00HSCMFVA[/ame]

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Check out 3M's website. It lists many, many different VHB tapes for various applications. I suspect some are even the same thing just re-branded for different applications (automotive, etc). The one you found looks like it should do the trick, but they all stick like h*ll. I wonder if a slightly thicker (and wider) foam-core VHB tape might be better for sticking a flat badge to a curved body panel. Be sure to Google "3M VHB surface prep".

1 - 2 of 2 Posts