Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a trickle charger and come to realize the battery will not maintain a voltage above 12.3V. I noticed the low voltage last year tracing wiring and thought it was my cheap harbor freight meter. Ordered a ACdelco 49AGM from amazon to replace. The existing battery has an vent line so I'm guessing its a standard lead acid type.

·
Registered
810 Posts
That is a shame that your battery could not last 5 years.
When I bought mine last year on the dealers lot the battery was dead. Because they left the parking lights on. So I figure mine will probably go dead sooner than 5 years. Even though I asked for a brand new battery on the sale contract. They said they changed it, but the date on the battery is the same as the build date of the van, so I figured that they did not change it, but I kept all the paperwork

·
Registered
625 Posts
Even though our van will likely be driven at least once/week, I'm looking into putting a Trik-L-Start on the system.
http://www.lslproducts.net/TLSPage.html
Basically uses excess charge from the house system to keep the chassis battery charged.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tend to over do things, I've installed a trickle charger, a dedicated 40watt solar panel and controller,a battery to battery charger. This is for my Aux battery when I don't need the 900AH lithium bank. I will run the electric step, fridge and lights when traveling.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts