Ram Promaster Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2021 1500 136"WB High top
1,338 Posts
It also got me thinking about what a van meant to me, what I wanted from in, how I could make it my own, a place that inspired me, that felt like me. Before then I was just looking at layouts that "looked nice".

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
I put peel and stick around my bed. @MsNomer warned me that it would shrink and grow with heat and cold. So I framed it with wood and secured it with tiny screws in the corners. I can see that it would have been a mess if I hadn't done that(at the seams, it's not sticking securely). (I also framed the tile backsplash with wood, using a router so the wood covers 1/4" of the tile.)

View attachment 86916
Can I ask where you got that cool basket?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’ve seen some builds on the site with various types of back splash, i’ve asked my builder to leave the backsplash area painted plywood in lieu of shiplap like the rest of the walls/ceiling. worst case scenario i paint it some jazzy color /stencil it with highly washable paint, but i was thinking of a sheet of stainless by the sink or behind where id put my portable induction/ propane stove. anyone with a stainless backsplash regret it? i see some builds with tile ( real) and i just don’t like tile that much, plus the weight and work involved how has it held up to the abuse of driving? . has anyone had good luck with peel and stick or wall paper( removable, pre pasted). or found another option that can handle the food/water splatter snd heat?
I believe you can get a stainless door kickplate at à box store. A good metal scrap yard like in Asheville has tons of scrap stainless sheet.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
I wonder if the dark copper would clash with the stainless although with the leather and olive green 🤔 now you’ve got me thinking. tin however is not bombproof like stainless. ill take a look on the site maybe they coat it with something for backsplashes. the crap at HD and lowes is plastic or a rust bucket.
It's not their ceiling tiles, it's specifically listed as backsplash, so I imagine it's treated or something, but definitely find out. The tiles are 24"x24" and really nice quality, nothing like lowes or home depot. I put their tile on my ceiling.
[/QUOTE]
It is great reading this discussion between female builders in what has been primarily a male dominate forum. I am a single guy and not much on design. More of a function over form person. But, as I read your discussions regarding backsplashes I thought about what I used. My backsplash is only an inch tall, it runs around my sink and counter top just to keep any spills from running to areas where I can't easily wipe it up. The counter top and splash are Formica, durable, heat resistant, very easy to clean, inexpensive and comes in many colors and designs. I don't see any reason why you couldn't mount it vertically and if you don't trust the glue to hold it vertically just use a couple of screws with nickel plated cup washers. And when you talk about the B&W colors I too like that theme, it is simple and bright. I took a few pictures so you could see what mine looks like. I prefer to eat outside but have a microwave and coffee maker for when I can't and 4 cu. ft., 12 volt fridge for food storage. Keep chatting ladies. Oh, I might mention that I have a very simple but sufficient water system; 5 gal. container for sink water, 2 gal. container for drinking water, electric pump supplies the sink. The sink water lasts for weeks if you are conservative. Drinking water can be refilled anywhere.
Plant Table Window Building Wood
Plant Table Window Building Wood

Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Window

Automotive tail & brake light Fire extinguisher Gas Machine Automotive lighting

Property Wood Table Interior design Floor

Bumper Floor Flooring Wood Automotive exterior

·
Registered
2017 136” HR
719 Posts
I used 30 and 40. I order the 40 before I realized just how huge it was. Very strong. It will be around long after I am not longer here. I think I could have gone much smaller, except my countertops are very heavy.
Good to hear. My plan is to use 30-series.

·
Registered
2017 - 2500 159
1,865 Posts
Do any of you with a backsplash actually splash there?? I don't have one and never splashed back there in 8 months full time. I've also never seen a backsplash in a house. Is this a design trend in newer houses I'm not privy to?

·
Registered
2021 1500 136"WB High top
1,338 Posts
Do any of you with a backsplash actually splash there?? I don't have one and never splashed back there in 8 months full time. I've also never seen a backsplash in a house. Is this a design trend in newer houses I'm not privy to?
LOL. I had an apartment that didn't have one and the wall definitely got splattered. So there is a need, although its decorative value seems to have surpassed its functional value. In a house, it can increase the house's value when you sell. With the kind of cooking I do in my van, I I've not seen any splatter. For me it's more about expanding the kitchen up the wall, like a whole unit, to create the illusion of space.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts