Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 3500 Diesel. My back up camera has two gray vertical lines on each side of the screen (see photo). I could swear they weren't there a few days ago. Has anyone had these bars magically appear or are they supposed to be there and I just never noticed them.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
keeponvanning, I appreciate your opinion but still not sure if the vertical borders are normal or if there is a setting somewhere to remove them.

·
Super Moderator
10,190 Posts
Mine has always had them! Plus the high top shows the top of the doors ;(

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

·
Registered
358 Posts
I have a 2015 3500 Diesel. My back up camera has two gray vertical lines on each side of the screen (see photo). I could swear they weren't there a few days ago. Has anyone had these bars magically appear or are they supposed to be there and I just never noticed them.
A couple of days ago my radio came on when I started the van AND the backup camera was on with the transmission still in park. Shut down, then restarted - radio and camera still on. Tried putting transmission into gear - no change, couldn't get the radio or camera to turn off. Then remembered I had the rear door cracked, after closing the door everything went back to normal with radio/camera, EXCEPT I now have those grey bars which I never noticed before. ?

·
Super Moderator
10,190 Posts
I think people just never noticed them. It's basically caused by the image size (resolution) and the screen size I believe. Mine has always looked this way and I would be shocked to find out someone else's looked any different. Sorta like on your TV or computer monitor when you change the image size ratio, etc.

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,537 Posts
Technically speaking,

De camera, she's a no maka da picture data isa da sama size asa da radio screen isa... capiche? >:D

Dere'sa no way to fixa dis, cause she's a no broken!

At least that's the way the guys at Fiat explained it to me!.... it's a good thing that I'm Italian, so I understand what they are saying! :D

Ed

·
Registered
117 Posts
I just checked with my 2015 gasser. The grey lines on either side are there when you put into reverse. Also, if the rear doors are cracked open the reverse camera screen comes on as soon as you turn it on, even in park. Do not have to have it in reverse.

Appears to be normal operation... or all our vans are screwed up. Whichever you prefer.

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Hilarious! But probably true.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts