Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Awesome sauce(y)!! Looks freaking fantastic. I have been looking at that same set up as I really like the Ultra Toil's and you may have just sealed my decision. Question - What sizes (wheel/tires) and did you put a lift on the front? I'm considering the 40mm Russians....?:unsure:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Did you get a different offset on the front? Looks like the front wheels are sticking pretty far out of the well?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
245/75/16. 16x6.5.
Yes they stick out a bit further front and rear, definitely a benefit.
There is no lift and although I considered it (body lift), I think its a bad idea as it raises the CoG.
I will however do the axle "cut and raise".
Self levelling air bags waiting to go on.
Wheels from Summit Racing

·
Read Only
309 Posts
Looks really nice. I think these vans really benefit from stylish wheels. Changes the whole plain euro look.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Did you get a different offset on the front? Looks like the front wheels are sticking pretty far out of the well?
I think he was asking if you got a different offset for the front wheels different than the rear wheels?? I think you replied "yes", but I'm confused now....? LOL Are all four of your wheels the same offset?

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
When you guys say "benefit", you're just saying you think the look of the van benefits from the wheels sticking out too far, correct?

·
Read Only
309 Posts
I mean to say "benefit" by appearance over stock steelies. I do not like the look of wheels sticking out past the body unless the body has nice flares to match and hide the excess.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm running chrome 17 x 8 Ultra Toils and I love them, too!
Did you go with Koni FSD shocks AND struts and what do you think of the upgrade? View attachment 60248
May I ask what size tires you have on the 17x8 Ultra's and did you have hub rings installed (from where?) or have to trim any plastic for fit? I am considering this wheel..

·
Registered
96 Posts
245/75/16. 16x6.5.
Yes they stick out a bit further front and rear, definitely a benefit.
There is no lift and although I considered it (body lift), I think its a bad idea as it raises the CoG.
I will however do the axle "cut and raise".
Self levelling air bags waiting to go on.
Wheels from Summit Racing
Hey Tex,
Did Summit Racing have hub rings for the 84.1-78.1 difference in the wheels?

·
Registered
136 Posts
May I ask what size tires you have on the 17x8 Ultra's and did you have hub rings installed (from where?) or have to trim any plastic for fit? I am considering this wheel..
My wheels came with hub centric rings and I'm running tires that most of you won't be able to since my van isn't much heavier than a normal SUV (5,000 lbs). They're Nokian WR G4 255/65R-17 with a 2,601 lb load rating @ 51 PSI. They're 3 Peak snow rated all season tires, quiet on the highway, low rolling resistance for better mileage, and have kevlar in the belts to prevent punctures on fire roads. No rubbing with no trimming, too.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Did you go with the FSDs? Front and rear? If so what do you think about them, any improvement in ride quality? I'm ready for new shocks and not sure if I should go with the konis or some billys, or with fox in the rear. All I do know is I wish my van rode better than it does!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Did you go with the FSDs? Front and rear? If so what do you think about them, any improvement in ride quality? I'm ready for new shocks and not sure if I should go with the konis or some billys, or with fox in the rear. All I do know is I wish my van rode better than it does!
I ordered the Billy FSD B6 front struts and rear shocks from Shockwarehouse, just waiting for delivery. I am going to replace all four when I install my Van Compass front 1.5" lift. Just trying to be patient while I await, but it's difficult:geek:...

·
Registered
136 Posts
I ordered the Billy FSD B6 front struts and rear shocks from Shockwarehouse, just waiting for delivery. I am going to replace all four when I install my Van Compass front 1.5" lift. Just trying to be patient while I await, but it's difficult:geek:...
I'm confused- Did you order Bilstein B6 or Koni FSD struts & shocks?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts