Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read plenty about what goes on in the base of the B pillar passengers side. I do not have the upfitter connection but instead find two large gauge red wires, each with a 40A fuse inline. They come in from under the seat and return in the same direction. I cannot find any wiring diagram that identifies these wires. I want to add a 12v cig lighter receptical at that point.

Can anyone identify what these wires are for or go to?

Fun to read the threads but I tired of not finding the answer.

Thanks.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I asked the same question about a year ago. Never got a good answer.

I wish I knew!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, just sent you a message on that. Water water everywhere and not a drop to drink!

·
Registered
797 Posts
KOV broke it down for me in his usual firm fasion : DON'T TOUCH THE FACTORY WIRING ! BUILD OUR OWN SYSTEM ! Being stubborn I had to ask my service manager. The wiring diagrams are in FCA's computer.
Bring in your own fused circuit off the battery. Way easier !
And thanks to KOV for the rock solid advice.

·
Registered
'16 2500 159 HT Granite Window - OH(io)
337 Posts
Does your van have rear window defrosters/defoggers? If so, that is what the wires/fuses are for. At least that's the way my 2016 2500 window is wired. Only I have 20 amp fuses.

·
Registered
797 Posts
So sorry Medicineman4040. I grew up with this crap. A pillar is at the windshield, or first support to the roof. B is the next up, in our case behind the front doors. C is after the slider and the match on the other side. And so on. Except for the t'aint panel.

·
Registered
'16 2500 159 HT Granite Window - OH(io)
337 Posts
Heated seats ? Just guessing. A 40 amp circuit has to power something substantial.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts