Ram Promaster Forum banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts

Hi all- new to the forum and hoping to get some help. Have a 2020 conversion from Pleasure Way on the way that has a pop-top. Wondering if anyone has mounted an awning on a Promaster with something like this before? I see Thule makes an awning with mounting brackets that drill into the wall of the van (instead of the roof or racks.) Drilling may be my only option, how durable and “weather proof” is this option?
Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bumping an old thread. Installed a Thule Hideaway (Direct Mount) this weekend. Since we are using Unistrut on the tabs for a roof rack, we had to get an awning that mounts directly to the van rather than the 'nubs'. Luckily Thule makes adapters that fit amazing well with that curve of the roof edge. (See their instructions to get a sense of how they mount.)

Awning install was "easy", but time consuming, as any project that involves drilling holes in a precise location. Lots of measuring, paint, sealant, etc. It took us a full day (6-8 hours) with lunch breaks, beer breaks, shade breaks, paint drying, etc. This gif is the last half hour. Got more pics if you guys want 'em.

I take it there is no interference with the slider? Can you tell me if these are strictly on the curve of the rail or if they go up to the flat roof at all? I have a conversion coming that has a pop top and I’m trying to find a good solution for an awning and have been eyeing this Thule because of this wall install.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I take it there is no interference with the slider? Can you tell me if these are strictly on the curve of the rail or if they go up to the flat roof at all? I have a conversion coming that has a pop top and I’m trying to find a good solution for an awning and have been eyeing this Thule because of this wall install.
No interference with the slider at all. The Thule brackets are designed for this van. Take a look at their instructions - it will probably highlight how they fit a bit better. There * is * about 2.5" or so of bracket on the "flat roof", then an angled piece to match the angled edge of the roof, and then another flat piece to sit flush against the wall of the van. Thule even gives you "shims" in case you mess up the alignment of the 3 brackets - very smart of them.

61 - 64 of 64 Posts