Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'm really impressed with those. Seems like they would be a good bet if you live in the North East. No mention of price though. DO you have to inquire?

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Wonder how much they are asking... and it appears that the van has two refrigerators. Interesting concept there.

·
Super Moderator
726 Posts
I just phoned them.

The M18 is $76,344 and the XL21 is $82,010

Of course, it is a Canadian dollars, so subtract 10%.

I have no doubt that they are extremely well build since we know about RV's in Québec. At least 10% of the population head down south in RV's to avoid the winter. ;)

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Those are pretty good prices. $73k or so is about what a Winnebago Travato would run if one is very lucky with negotiating... and the Travato has a worse floorplan.

Of course, there is the issue of legally importing one into the US and getting it registered...

·
Registered
654 Posts
Canada and US probably has reciprocity on the PM.

Those are pretty good prices. $73k or so is about what a Winnebago Travato would run if one is very lucky with negotiating... and the Travato has a worse floorplan.

Of course, there is the issue of legally importing one into the US and getting it registered...

·
Super Moderator
726 Posts

There is a free trade between Canada and United States (and also Mexico). An example: I can go buy anything in the United States, and as long as it is build in the United States (or Mexico), all I have to do is declare it at the border pay the federal and provincial taxes on the product and that's it. Works both ways.

But here's the catch: since cars are usually cheaper in US than Canada, Manufacturers have policies to discourage Canadians to go south of the border to buy their cars. For example, if I buy a PM in Platsburgh, (60 miles from my home), I would simply lose the warranty. Now, I don't know if it works both ways.

But I guess that it is very well possible that the Safari Condo guys could work from a PM bought and plated in US. These guys come from a region where the American market is the prime target for a lot of companies.

By the way, I put a link of this thread on their facebook page and the guy thanked me for doing so. So, they would probably be more than happy to do business with you guys.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts