Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my 2016 Diesel 3500 Ext. today and was looking forward to seeing the fuel economy on the 500km drive home. However, I couldn't get the Avg Economy field to show anything other than 50L/100km. After a reset it will display ---L/100km, but then switch to 50 soon after. The instant fuel economy works but Trip A and B don't show the avg. First impressions are good, but that stereo and tom/tom combo leave something to be desired.... I know I was warned.

Thanks for your help. I will call dealer on Monday, but I expect I need a software update.

Shaun

·
Super Moderator
10,544 Posts
They are all pretty much meaningless unless you want to fool yourself into believing them.

·
Premium Member
8,834 Posts
Wait......... those are not true? I didn't really get that 32mpg that time? I'm going out to the kitchen, oops cervaceria for a brew to try to get over this shock!

·
Super Moderator
10,544 Posts
Wait......... those are not true? I didn't really get that 32mpg that time? I'm going out to the kitchen, oops cervaceria for a brew to try to get over this shock!
Don't feel bad RD I'm haveing a Guinness at the Toad Suck campground in Arkansas

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No fix yet, plus loose seatback.

I took my van into my local dealer to have two things addressed: The TSB to address the Avg Economy and the Drivers seat back that seems loose.

First the TSB. I provided the dealer with the TSB #(08-088-16) and they said that is the US bulletin and doesn't apply to Canadian vehicles. When I said to him that the symptom is exactly the same symptom I'm experiencing he said the fix was to replace the PCM. I said what is a PCM, he said "it's a new computer, don't you want a new computer, it's no charge". I told him not to bother and I would check with another dealer. This seems unnecessary and may end up causing other issues.

My second issue was the seatback that rocks every time the transmission shifts. I have the factory swivels. The same service rep said that this is normal for the swivel seats, which to me is crazy. Once again I will be trying another dealer.

Anyone have experience with the factory swivels and loose seat backs?

Thanks

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I just returned from the dealer and had some success. They are going to order the BCM as they have seen this problem before and that was the soloution. The driver's seat needs a need "frame", so that is being ordered as well. Hopefully this will cure the problems. Once these are behind me the fun stuff will begin!

·
Premium Member
8,834 Posts
Yes it is a great van. Small issues seem to plague all manufacturers. I have a 4 Runner which is supposed to be the greatest vehicle ever along with the Tacoma but I could tell you stories!

·
Super Moderator
10,544 Posts
Please, tell us that story about how you saved yourself and Mrs RD, in the desert, with nothing more than a Leatherman and that lucky penny you always carry for emergencies ;)

·
Premium Member
8,834 Posts
It is true and I posted it on the Leatherman site years ago. I didn’t need the penny. This a huge hijack of this thread!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,544 Posts
It is, for sure, but it proves how valuable the correct tool can be in the right circumstances! ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts