Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I have a honda eu2000i generator with the extended run gas cap and Ive read the generator will siphon fuel from the tank without a pump. And that I need special fuel rated tubing. But I want to run the line from the fuel tank nipple all the way to the rear. Will the suction still be strong enough or will I need to prime it or get a pump? What is the best diameter fuel line for this purpose? Thanks:confused:

·
Premium Member
8,830 Posts
The horizontal distance will not matter if the generator can pull the gas up out of the tank to begin a siphon. Pull the cover off the floor over the tank just to the right of the drivers seat and pick a tubing that fits the spud (1/4, or 5/16) fuel rated hose or a size to fit the generator and enlarge or reduce it at the tank. For starting the siphon smaller hose should be better as less air must be removed to get the siphon started. Remember the siphon will not stop when you disconnect the generator end so I’d install it semi-perminetly with a good shut-off and secure the generator end where it can do no harm.
My diesel hose to the Espar heater I had to start a siphon in the 1/8 inch tube and now it maintains a siphon.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts