Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
I've wondered what I was missing looking at the blank placeholders on my PM switch bank.

There is a question IF those are 'logic level' switches not be rated to carry any meaningful current... If so then having a current-limited 12V signal controlled by those factory auxiliary switches control something like a Solid State Relay (SSR) to work loads like relays or fans etc. is probably required.

Note those switches may only be momentary contact types meant to signal to microprocessors I/O ports, though there are some neat mechanical latching automotive relays that might work ..

·
Registered
5 Posts
It took me the last 3 weeks of casually looking, but I finally found the output point of these switches at the bottom of the passenger side B pillar a couple of days ago on my '17 3500 HR. I wish I would have found this thread and Dwayneinfo's post about 3 weeks ago... It would have saved some head scratching. Yes, pin 12 is Aux2 and is ignition fed @ 20 amps, pin 15 is Aux 1 is 20 amp and is battery fed. As far as I can tell, they are not "logic level" switches.

I ordered a Tyco connector and pins from Amazon to plug into it. Search part # 1-480710-0 for the plug and 350218-1 for the pins.

Now I have a driver's area switch to shut down the charging to my power inverter via the isolator setup in back, if I want/need to for some reason... But so far, its always left on so the system is charging when the vehicle is on (pin 12, Aux2).

The upfit continues.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I don't have the Aux switches but I do have the Fan switch. I believe the fan switch has something to do with the rear heat/ac prep package. I found a large amount of thin gauge wire wrapped in heat shrink up on the wall just aft of passenger slider. I believe it's was related to the rear heat/ac package... I never used it so I may be wrong.

Shaun

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
Anyone have the part number for the switch set? I'm thinking about adding some switches and would like to use OEM switches if possible.

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,712 Posts
A long while back (2014/15) there was a discussion about the aux switches.. I seem to recall that someone found that the contacts were there for the Aux switches even if the switches weren't labelled, but that they were low level switches to the BCM that then turned on relays that fed the upfitter connections...

Searched for a while but couldn't find the discussion of this.... Zoomyn is probably remembering something about this from early discussions....

It all rings a bell, but no "aha!" moment... yet!

FOUND IT !!!

https://www.promasterforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15273

Only problem is that the pictures that catalin posted (and all references to them) no longer show... ARRRGGGHHH!

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
doh! There is a ram dealer right next to my office, I'll just stop over and bother the parts guy to see if I can get the panel part number and price.

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,596 Posts

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
That is blank switches like I already have. I'm looking for the one with Aux 1 and Aux 2.

Reactions: pjoconnor2001

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,596 Posts

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
eh, it may be too much hassle to use these, I may just install a switch elsewhere.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
10,689 Posts
You could try European sources. I took mine all apart hoping to use them but in the end decided it just wasn’t worth the trouble. They aren’t even located in a very handy position on the dash.

·
Registered
80 Posts
My aux relays sound like they latch and the two 20a fuses are good, but there is no power on either pin 12 or 15 of the connector. Is there somewhere else I need to look for fuses? I'm wanting to use aux 2 for driving lights.

Thanks,
John

·
Registered
67 Posts
If the indicator light comes on at the switch, there should be power to the pins. Make sure you use the flat sides of the female pin ports and the missing pin to properly index the connector you are seeing versus the diagram from Ram of the pin numbering. As an example, my aux connector is installed upside down from the Ram diagram. You can also check the neighboring fuse slots, 86/87 to see if they are hot. On my connector the top leg of the fuse slot for those two is the hot leg.

·
Registered
80 Posts
If the indicator light comes on at the switch, there should be power to the pins. Make sure you use the flat sides of the female pin ports and the missing pin to properly index the connector you are seeing versus the diagram from Ram of the pin numbering. As an example, my aux connector is installed upside down from the Ram diagram. You can also check the neighboring fuse slots, 86/87 to see if they are hot. On my connector the top leg of the fuse slot for those two is the hot leg.
Holy smokes! That's it! I've got driving lights!

Thank you!
John

1 - 20 of 26 Posts