Ram Promaster Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,201 Posts
Could you post a parts list?
No. I found a metal frame at the dump that the tank just fit into and secured it with nylon wire ties. I would have used something more solid than wire ties when I actually installed it but I never did. I plan to use it on my new van but I won’t get around to that until Fall most likely- sorry?

·
Registered
3500 159" EXT
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hey @Vandit and @junkycosmos

Sorry for the delayed response here. Part quantities are going to vary a bit based on where you place your tank (mine is just behind the rear axle on my 3500 EXT.)

For the tank, I sourced from amazon. It's a nice tank, but I did cannibalize it a bit to add a vent port and a tank level sensor (still need to hook up the sensor to my monitoring system... but it's there). Tank is linked here. Mine is a 7 gallon, but they also make smaller and larger models so if you're willing to reroute your exhaust or relocate the spare tire, you could adjust accordingly.

For the filler neck, hosing, and connections, I used Filler Neck Supply, linked here. The tank I used has a 2" fill port, but I went with a more universal 1.5" filler neck and hosing, then converting to 2" at the fill spout on the tank. For the vent, I used a 3/4"tubing. I would take a look at filler next supply and get the mix of straight, 45 degree, and 90 degree hose lengths and associated couplers that you need. based on where you locate your tank.

Happy to talk more specifics if people are interested. While I love the functionality of this setup, it wasn't the cheapest thing in the world to rig. Not that it broke the bank, but I'd say I probably spent somewhere around $600 for the whole set up.

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,272 Posts
For some reason I've been poking this topic putting the pieces together in my mind.

Any who, this might work, but it needs a cover to keep the crap off it.

This one can't possibly meet the regs, both done by an off road upfitter.

·
Premium Member
2016 3500 ext-ht
462 Posts
For some reason I've been poking this topic putting the pieces together in my mind.

Any who, this might work, but it needs a cover to keep the crap off it.
View attachment 69516
This one can't possibly meet the regs, both done by an off road upfitter.
View attachment 69517
I get blinded looking first picture. Can't decide whether it is the filler neck or the 30 amp shore power that looks out of place.

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,272 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm going to end up doing something similar to what TheVangineer did. The Filler Neck Supply: Gas Filler Hose | Fuel Filler Necks has all the pieces.
Did you ever complete this? I'm interested in doing the same. I'm just hoping someone has sorted out the best filler neck & cap for this type of install. The rest should be pretty straight forward. I'm thinking a flanged filler neck (vented) with a fill and vent hose going to the tank. Just not sure which filler neck would fit in the DEF location.

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,272 Posts
Did you ever complete this? I'm interested in doing the same. I'm just hoping someone has sorted out the best filler neck & cap for this type of install. The rest should be pretty straight forward. I'm thinking a flanged filler neck (vented) with a fill and vent hose going to the tank. Just not sure which filler neck would fit in the DEF location.
No, it got cold and I got lazy.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey there Gab_D,

I've had this system installed, up, and running for a few months now and have been absolutely thrilled with it.

The only things that I'll say take some real thought is how you run your filler hose to the tank, and how you vent the tank. You'll see in the photos from my previous post that the tank is filled from the side, so your venting has to be such that you don't create an air bubble which gets trapped in the upper portion of the tan (your tank also just has to be vented to prevent it from pressurizing itself due to temperature/elevation/etc and combusting...)

Anyway, all in all I love the system, though living in NJ, I'm definitely telling gas station attendants to ignore the green cap all the time... Feel free to reach out if you want any additional details!
This is a great idea.. I was just wondering the best way to run a fill port. No way I want to fill diesel inside of the van. A few drops will smell forever. Been there before.

Can you list your parts list and tank info? Did you do the full install of did you hire it out.

Looking forward to hearing the details on this.

·
Registered
2019, 159", High Roof, 2500
84 Posts
Post 22 has a nice run down but I’m in if someone figures out a kit of suggested parts. Agreed on no diesel inside !

21 - 30 of 30 Posts