Ram Promaster Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
A van has been found and deposit placed. We were really close to buying a 2020 PMC with 58k miles in AZ. It seemed like an ok-ish deal at 30k. However, we found a 2016 with same miles for a lot less. Same distance from me so still a two day road trip to get to know the van. after all said and done, I think I will loose about $1000 and not have fog lights....not great but better than it could be.

If someone is looking. The 2020 in AZ was not bad. SLT with rolldown middle windows, heated seats, clean.

·
Registered
401 Posts
A van has been found and deposit placed. We were really close to buying a 2020 PMC with 58k miles in AZ. It seemed like an ok-ish deal at 30k. However, we found a 2016 with same miles for a lot less. Same distance from me so still a two day road trip to get to know the van. after all said and done, I think I will loose about $1000 and not have fog lights....not great but better than it could be.

If someone is looking. The 2020 in AZ was not bad. SLT with rolldown middle windows, heated seats, clean.
Good luck!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
we have now have a replacement. A 2016 PMC in blue. Unfortunately, we had to make a deposit sight unseen with only photos to go by on a van that was a 21 hour drive away. Tough situation. Overall it is decent shape minus a small dent on back door and the satellite portion of the radio not working. Dent is bugging me so I may have that professionally done. Finding a replacement radio is being more difficult that I original thought. Aftermarket is an option but that seems to be 500 for radio and all the adapter wiring....sigh

·
Administrator
‘20 159 HT window van NH Seacoast
12,257 Posts
we have now have a replacement. A 2016 PMC in blue. Unfortunately, we had to make a deposit sight unseen with only photos to go by on a van that was a 21 hour drive away. Tough situation. Overall it is decent shape minus a small dent on back door and the satellite portion of the radio not working. Dent is bugging me so I may have that professionally done. Finding a replacement radio is being more difficult that I original thought. Aftermarket is an option but that seems to be 500 for radio and all the adapter wiring....sigh
You can easily find an android head unit for well under $250 that will put the junky uConnect to shame. Don’t even consider replacing it!

·
Registered
2019 Ram Promaster 136 HT Gasser Stealth Work Van Weekend Camper
698 Posts
Red flag for the dealerships , if you inherit a electrical problem that's connected with the non OEM radio install.

UConnect 5 system has been flawless in my 2019 .

·
Registered
2019 Ram Promaster 136 HT Gasser Stealth Work Van Weekend Camper
698 Posts
@CarKeys - They have a 2016 PM City which I doubt has Uconnect 5. My 2019 PM doesn't even have it, only UConnect 3.
I will edit my post , thanks for the heads up ( no pun intended ) 😏

Reactions: h1k3rb

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
pretty sure it is a Uconnect 5.0. I should say, it has the 5.0 screen and not the standard 3.0" radio. It is the VP2 version which was used until 2018 when Mopar changed them to the VP2refresh.

From a little research: The upper right wording on the label for 5.0 with NAV and SXM should be:

FIAT 636 VP2 NAFTA SDARS NAV

SDARS is Satellite and NAV is, well, Navigation

Without those on the label, you just have the basic radio with 5.0" screen and Bluetooth.

Under the Bluetooth logo, early version says Model VP2. the later ones say Model VP2refresh.

You can have:
A- 5.0 with NAV and SAT
B- 5.0 with NAV and no SAT
C- 5.0 with SAT and no NAV
D- 5.0 with no SAT and no NAV

So you have to be real careful when buying the stock radio.

The other frustrating thing is I do not see a Mopar P/N anywhere on the label. Just the FGA P/N which I assume is the Fiat p/n.

·
Registered
2019 118" Silver
1,816 Posts
My window sticker says, "Uconnect 3 with 5" display".

If you don't have the original sticker to check you can get one using Monroney:

Also, Uconnect 5 didn't come out until mid-late 2019 and wasn't available on most FCA vehicles until the 2020 model year. (as later discovered, this may not be the case)

·
Registered
2019 118" Silver
1,816 Posts
Interesting, can't always trust Google. ;-)

From MotorTrend:

Also: A deeper look at Chrysler's Uconnect 5: More power, smarter design

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in Indiana
6,106 Posts
I think there are several versions, depending on model? Factory info could be wrong wouldn't be the first time they've misprinted something.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts