Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figure that most of the people buying a cargo van like the Promaster are small business owners. I also just read an article that was talking about how small business owners are finally buying commercial vans again. For example, in 2009, 8,800 Transit Connects were sold compared to 40,000 last year.

Small business owners are getting more confident, and on top of that, old cargo vans are getting pretty old. in other words, its time for a new van for many people.

Are you part of the small business owner class? Is your confidence in the economy growing? Is that why you are ready to buy a new van now?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm the small business owner you're describing. Tired of working out of my 2000 E250. Not wanting to put more money into it. Have been wanting a van I could stand up in for years. Saw the PM and the decision was easy. Work has picked up considerably in the last quarter. People are starting to remodel and build again.

We'll see if the PM holds up for 14 years.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Are you part of the small business owner class? Is your confidence in the economy growing? Is that why you are ready to buy a new van now?[/QUOTE]

I am a small business owner, I sell construction materials. My confidence in the economy is on the fence. Ask me in another two months. However my confidence in my 05 Sprinter not that hot. This is way I ordered my PM. I use it for work and play. After owning a Sprinter I could never go back to my old Ford van.

·
Registered
166 Posts
my big concern is that if it is small business driving the uptake in commercial vans how long can this last. Small business does not turn over their fleets every 2-3 years as would Joe Sixpack. How long can the market keep up this buoyancy if it cant depend on turnover?

·
Registered
363 Posts
my big concern is that if it is small business driving the uptake in commercial vans how long can this last. Small business does not turn over their fleets every 2-3 years as would Joe Sixpack. How long can the market keep up this buoyancy if it cant depend on turnover?
that is true.

Not sure how they will change things to keep the momentum going. The government boosting jobs is always a good way to ensure more and more businesses are out there ready to buy up stuff like this. Boost the economy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts