Ram Promaster Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2016 ram promaster 1500 136”wb
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These windows are pricey but appear worth it. They open fully with screen and shade and are double paned. Has anybody used these in their promaster?

·
Premium Member
2014, 138WB, High Roof, Gas, SW MT
2,955 Posts
Lots to like - dual pane, built in shade and screen, canopy opening, ...
Seems especially nice for cold weather camping or a ski van.

I wonder about how well the plastic will hold up over time and about scratches from gravel roads, tree branches, ...
Maybe someone who has had them a while can comment on this?

Gary

·
Registered
2019 Promaster 3500 Silver high top 159"
608 Posts
I used them. The double windows and low-e shades work really well in keeping in/out heat. The bug screen is also effective - however, you do have to open them up to close the window and, if the Maxxair is running it will suck all those buggers into the van (don't ask how I know)

They are acrylic. They scratch. Because they are tent-opening, they are inherently rain operable. there are buffing compounds to clean up the minor scratches, but I have yet to use them. My rear windows are still in good shape but the side window heavily marred from passing trees :)

·
Registered
2019 Promaster 3500 Silver high top 159"
608 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Happy with mine after 8 months and 1 winter. No scratches yet. The Arctic Tern people were no help in determining how thick a spacer I needed as a newbie and i ended up having to add spacers after install. I haven't finished my interior yet.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I’ve installed many - they are a nice product and it’s especially helpful having the interior trim/blind/screen assembly. My biggest gripes are 2: they are a pain in the butt to open(5-7 levers to open) and they are not tinted. The tint is not easily fixed because they are acrylic.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
I’ve installed many - they are a nice product and it’s especially helpful having the interior trim/blind/screen assembly. My biggest gripes are 2: they are a pain in the butt to open(5-7 levers to open) and they are not tinted.
You could probably get them tinted at the place that tints auto windows.

·
Registered
2019 159 EXT HR (3500) in WA
2,085 Posts
I wrote up our install here:

We are happy with them so far.

·
Registered
2016 ram promaster 1500 136”wb
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Satsang van works has now partnered with them and makes coordinating window spacers for their windows. You can also cut them down to a different width if needed.

·
Registered
2019 159 EXT HR (3500) in WA
2,085 Posts
Satsang van works . . .
Nice trim ring, it would have saved a lot of work.

One of the best features of the Tern windows is the integrated screen / shade. It is not obvious if that can be used with their outer trim ring.

·
Registered
436 Posts
We considered Arctic Tern windows for our back doors but went with CR Laurence VW31031 vertical life rear windows instead - less expensive and made of glass. Very happy with them after 25,000 miles. Just made my own blackout curtains for them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts