Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am Onur Pekpazar from OMTEC Auto Accessories Co., Europe's the biggest stainless steel chrome auto accessories company. Just 3 weeks ago we were at Las Vegas SEMA SHOW to check the interests to our accessories and we got really good feedbacks. So one of the car we have lots of OEMs approved products is FIAT DUCATO-RAM ProMASTER.

If you could be interested in buying, selling, giving advice or asking about anything please click on link to check and share your valuable opinions.

http://www.omtec.com.tr/en/95-ducato-2006-

Regards,
Onur Pekpazar

·
Registered
104 Posts
The roof rails seem useful but I wouldn't invest in handle covers or mirror coverings. I don't care enough about the Promaster to give it cosmetic upgrades. It is just a work vehicle.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually from Turkey shipping takes 1-2 business days to USA and shipping doesn't cost that much. Also if you are interested please just let me know, l would be appreciated sending them to you with retail price or inform you how you could buy our products in USA. By the way according to your comments and interests we are planning to sell in USA.
my e-mail is [email protected], please contact for any question about buying.
Thanks please keep sharing your opinions, we appreciate it.
Onur

·
Registered
166 Posts
not for anything but most of your accessories seem to be geared towards the Ducato passenger van. All off us here will be buying promaster in commercial spec, do you or will you have any accessories for that segment?

welcome aboard BTW!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the answer, we are the manufacturer so according to demand of USA market, we are going to update our product range also it's of course far and hard to sell from Turkey so we are planning to sell online with a depot and office investment in USA.
Actually we are producing side bars, roof racks, front bars, carbon fiber elegant accessories too but your opinions are really important about our ProMASTER accessories.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
You might try motorhome makers, because those will be the people who are looking to make a ProMaster look better than the average cargo van.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the useful advice, l will think about this but we don't have just accessories for beauty we have useful accessories too like roof racks, side bars, front protectors, sun visors. Also our accessories are not plastic chrome, they are stainless steel and save life of the covered parts like mirrors, door sill plastics, rear bumpers...

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
I mentioned this in another thread, but do you have any security accessories? A lot of us live in urban areas, and vans are prime targets for thieves. Right now, there is nothing out there for the ProMaster, so I pointed out some links. If you could sell decent looking auxiliary locks that decently secure, I'm sure people would buy them, because a van getting broken into can mean days to weeks of lost business until insurance comes through.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Actually from Turkey shipping takes 1-2 business days to USA and shipping doesn't cost that much. Also if you are interested please just let me know, l would be appreciated sending them to you with retail price or inform you how you could buy our products in USA. By the way according to your comments and interests we are planning to sell in USA.
my e-mail is [email protected], please contact for any question about buying.
Thanks please keep sharing your opinions, we appreciate it.
Onur
Just make sure we don't pay a cost penalty for the Euro to USD exchange rate. You must eat the loss in exchange rate. US customers will not pay a premium.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes we have kind of security accessories and we are increasing our security accessories range with aluminum parts like front protectors, side bars, rear bumpers and l agree with you for this kind of cars selling protective accessories are better by the way we are working with US dolar currency with our American customers.
What about online stainless steel, carbon fiber auto accessories and aluminum protective accessories selling idea? We are thinking about renting a warehouse in California or New Jersey and sell our accessories for ProMASTER and the others, l would like to hear your opinions and suggestions please?
Onur Pekpazar

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
I also would recommend you take a look at jimmijammer.com and their products they make for Fords. The ProMaster has the same issues around the handle, so just making a guard to protect the locking rod on the inside would definitely sell.

Now is the time to get into the US market. Van security products in the US tend to be decades behind Europe's offerings.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey, thanks for comments friends, actually we have almost all kind of security parts and accessories for Europe market but l am trying to get US spec sertifications for our products, so till we get some sertifications we are planning to sell just stainless steel accessories and roof racks for ProMASTERs. About currency with Americans we are working according to our US dolar price list, so nobody will face an exchange comission at our business.
By the way if we could start selling our products online, could we sell successfully in this market? What could be important in USA market to sell our accessories online?
Please take a look at our booth space at SEMA SHOW via clicking on the link and share your valuable opinions with me.
http://www.omtec.com.tr/en/home/2316-sema-show.html

Kind Regards,
Onur Pekpazar

·
Registered
859 Posts
By the way if we could start selling our products online, could we sell successfully in this market? What could be important in USA market to sell our accessories online?

Kind Regards,
Onur Pekpazar
Low cost or free shipping. Look at Apple. They ship direct from China via FedEx very cheap or free. It gets here in 3 days from Chinese factories :D

This makes it very easy to click and buy.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for good advice Dwight, our prices are really competitive because we are the biggest manufacturer company in Europe and l agree with you that shipping should be free in USA market. What about the depot and branch place for stainless steel auto accessories, New Jersey or San Francisco or Miami or anywhere else to serve closer to the biggest market? Any suggestions as a depot and branch location for online sales?

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Perhaps as a start, work through Amazon, so your stuff shows up there for the pre-Christmas sales?

Disclaimer: I'm nowhere near a qualified marketing professional.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Thanks for good advice Dwight, our prices are really competitive because we are the biggest manufacturer company in Europe and l agree with you that shipping should be free in USA market. What about the depot and branch place for stainless steel auto accessories, New Jersey or San Francisco or Miami or anywhere else to serve closer to the biggest market? Any suggestions as a depot and branch location for online sales?
Those are all expensive cities. Maybe Atlanta. Central and cheaper.

But also talk to UPS and FedEX. They have programs where they warehouse your products for you, near or in their facilities in Kentucky and Tennessee.

I like the idea of letting Amazon warehouse and ship it best. They handle everything. Returns, orders. Simple solution for you. Many Americans are Amazon Prime Members. That means, when we see the Amazon Prime logo displayed next to an item on Amazon, we get free 2 day shipping. It makes the choice to buy very easy. I always buy products with the Amazon Prime logo.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
These are all new ideas friends, really thanks. l will consider about these options with our management team.
In USA I met some business men do online selling business with branch office and depot. They told me that New Jersey, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Florida options are the best ones according to distance to ports, international airports and main auto accessories market in USA. Our company is in Turkey and we are planning to send our products via sea shipping option in containers. Also what is your opinion about exterior auto accessories and attitude to buy them online in USA?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
7 Participants
JOHNSL227
Ram Promaster Forum
We’re a community forum dedicated to Promaster enthusiasts to discuss mods, camper conversions, diesel, fuel economy, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing