Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
Master Overland Custom Vans Tampa
892 Posts
I stumbled upon this (link below) plywood substitute and I'm considering using it for my build once I find out how much it costs,get a sample and play with it a little. Anyone have experience with this product and care to share how it worked out?

http://www.corelitecomposites.com/corelite-board.html
No experience with it. Do you plan on just painting it? I tried to find it but I can't find a dealer who carries it. If you have to source direct then shipping may be quite costly.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Never tried it but I think it would be a smart build , 27% lighter. You can add wood veneer with water borne contact cement.
2 coat of that and there you have it. Stain to what you want then clear water borne Varathane premium diamond wood finish.
Very hard durable finish. Things add up in a build ,weight wise.
I like it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am not familiar w/ that brand name but it looks similar to what I am using for my build. I am using a foam board that is equivalent to Sintra board. A 1/4" 4' x 8' sheet weighs about 13 lbs, and is priced between $30 - $40 + USD depending on color. This product is used to make signs and build display cases.Both sides are finished w/closed cell foam in the center.
I am using a beige color that is close to matching the PM interior plastic and fabric colors in my 2500, HR, 159" van.
These materials are usually readily available at distributors that sell sign making and plastics. Calsak is one example.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
don't plan on painting

No experience with it. Do you plan on just painting it? I tried to find it but I can't find a dealer who carries it. If you have to source direct then shipping may be quite costly.
I'm not planning on painting it. I'll probably use it for the floor between the insulation board and my final flooring material (to be determined). May also use it for cabinets with a veneer on top of it. Once I get to play with it and see how much it costs.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sintra board

I am not familiar w/ that brand name but it looks similar to what I am using for my build. I am using a foam board that is equivalent to Sintra board. A 1/4" 4' x 8' sheet weighs about 13 lbs, and is priced between $30 - $40 + USD depending on color. This product is used to make signs and build display cases.Both sides are finished w/closed cell foam in the center.
I am using a beige color that is close to matching the PM interior plastic and fabric colors in my 2500, HR, 159" van.
These materials are usually readily available at distributors that sell sign making and plastics. Calsak is one example.
Thanks, I think I research other composite along with Sintra board. Here's another composite I found that I'll also evaluate: https://youtu.be/C5Q7GmJuegA

·
Registered
2014 Ram Promaster 2500 159" diesel
1,480 Posts
I'm not planning on painting it. I'll probably use it for the floor between the insulation board and my final flooring material (to be determined). May also use it for cabinets with a veneer on top of it. Once I get to play with it and see how much it costs.
It's expensive( Thermolite) $180 4x8x.25 plus shipping. It does come in 60" widths and 12' lengths

1 - 7 of 7 Posts