Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The built-in USB plug doesn't charge my phone well enough. I use my sole cig lighter/outlet to power my dash-cam. Has anyone swapped-out the USB plug for a second cig lighter/outlet? How to access underneath?

·
Super Moderator
10,677 Posts
It's pretty easy to do. This has been documented several times - google is your friend in the top right of this window.

·
Super Moderator
10,677 Posts
Yes they are but here is another one.
http://www.promasterforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35482

All you have to do is cut off the USB receptical and replace it with a cigaret receptical. If you want it hot all the time just run a new + wire from either the battery or fuse box by the drivers side door (fused of course).

·
Super Moderator
10,677 Posts
Um, so I'm supposed to search for YOU because???

How do you think I find things? I search!

·
Registered
42 Posts
This what ya mean

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
108 Posts
Another, maybe easier option would be a good multi-port charger. I use this one:

https://www.amazon.com/AUKEY-Charger-Charge-Dual-Port-Samsung/dp/B01E764DXM/

I get USB-C quick charging for my Nexus 6P and another port that can charge almost anything else at full speed, too.

I'd still be interested in your write up if you swap out the stock USB port, as it is useless to me, too!

-Bill

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Another, maybe easier option would be a good multi-port charger. I use this one:

-Bill
I have something similar to that, but nowhere to plug it in. That's why I made this post...need a second Cig Lighter outlet to plug in my two-port, high-amp USB charger.

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,708 Posts
Just a note....

If you want to remove the panel that these are mounted on for easier access, there is a screw that must be removed. It is under the rubber cup that is not-quite-a-cup-holder!

Otherwise, you'll be yanking on the panel wondering why it won't come loose....AMHIK

1 - 20 of 25 Posts