Ram Promaster Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2019 118" Silver
1,966 Posts
Any of us would be happy to own it at a certain price.
Not in that garish color. It's bad enough driving around in such a BIG vehicle (even my 118 is huge by regular car and SUV standards) but add that horrible color to the mix - even if it was given to me free of charge I'd sell it immediately.

It's probably likely that the original owner took a bath on the trade-in. Maybe the owner was financially distressed or just had to unload it fast, but I can't imagine what kind of beating I'd take if I tried to sell my conversion to a dealer. If I were forced to, I'd probably tell him how many thousands in materials that I had in there figuring the labor is a near total loss and that would probably be around my bottom dollar price. Maybe a little lower if I was desperate.
You'd likely be better off going to CarMax than a regular dealership. When I was seriously considering selling/trading my van their cash offer was $2-3K above any nearby dealers, with none of the drama.

·
Registered
2019 118" Silver
1,966 Posts
That’s what I’m saying. We’d all be very interested at a certain price. $25,000, $2,500, $250? I’d turn around and sell it too, but I’m sure the dealer factored in the color in his price negotiations and Steve should too if he’s neutral or even likes the color.
Ok, got it. I'm pretty sure a number of HOA's and neighbors wouldn't want that parked within view either. Picture local townsfolk storming Frankenstein's castle at night with torches, pitchforks and in this case - cans of spray paint. ;-)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts