Ram Promaster Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve found this ProMaster 114 on a used car lot in Utah. The dealership knows next too nothing about the build, it’s just a fancy used car to them. I’m wondering if anyone on the Forum recognizes the build and knows who did the conversion? I’d really like to get some build details before I get too interested. Thanks
Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle

Property Interior design Floor Building Wood

·
Registered
798 Posts
Great looking little 118 wagon, looks like a solid build .

Dealers let you snoop around the van if you're a serious buyer and give you plenty of time to probe 🙂
What's the asking price ?

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It’s at the other end of the country from me. I’ll need a whole lot more info before I invest the time/money on a trip to Utah. I’m also asking the dealer if he can put me in touch with the previous owner, we’ll see how that goes. Dealer’s price $46,500

·
Registered
798 Posts
Gotcha....It's a nice wagon , I'm assuming it's a 2019 + , Price seems reasonable considering today's market.

If it's a trade-in / consignment there's good chance on contacting previous owner , if dealer got it from the Auctions could be tricky.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Steve,

There is no such thing as a PM 114. When you say that to the used car guys they probably won't notice, but you with 360 posts on this forum should know better. Sharpen your pencil, grab a piece of paper, Im gunna save you a trip to Utah.

1) to each their own, but its mustard yellow.
2) its 50 grand out-the-door and used and a yellow short bus, I almost just shat myself.
3) its 50 grand and the curtain rods on the rear doors are out of whack.
4) one rear door is trimmed in pine the other not.
5) I see a bunch of chunk-cut pine board kitsch interior and cabinet doors with poor reveals.
6) the van got dumped in the heart of Mormon country.
7) that bunsen burner might have been used to cook the chunky white crunch just like on Breaking Bad.
8) don't give that car dealer the satisfaction that someone came from the East Coast and paid 50 grand.
9) consider the risk of underlying mechanical issues along with poor build quality.
10) this thing smells like amateur hour.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Whoops, 114/118 excuse the typo. Don’t think $25k is reasonable, it’s a 2021 with only 17,000 miles. The build quality and components are the big question, and why I’m trying to find the original owner/builder. Will keep everyone posted on this saga.

·
Premium Member
2016 3500 ext-ht
1,154 Posts
Whoops, 114/118 excuse the typo. Don’t think $25k is reasonable, it’s a 2021 with only 17,000 miles. The build quality and components are the big question, and why I’m trying to find the original owner/builder. Will keep everyone posted on this saga.
25k empty is a good price for this year and mileage. Warranty should still be valid and you could extend that with a basic drivetrain extended warranty when the time comes for peace of mind.

I am sure if the workmanship on the build is not up to par, lots can be re-used in a rebuild. Have you priced even plywood costs lately?

Besides, even with the little nit-picking over details, looks like this van may be overnite ready.

If the size(I have 159ext) is ok with you, I say scoop it up!!

Of course do your research on CarFax, etc. for the sake of due diligence regarding accidents, etc.

·
Premium Member
2016 3500 ext-ht
1,154 Posts
@el Jefe - agree that a 2021 van with only 14K miles would be a good buy at $25K, even with questions about the build and bright yellow paint, but the asking price is $46.5K which seems way too high.
I guess I missed the 46k. What a waste my post was? Probably wasted 10 years off my finger life expectancy.

I will now retreat to my corner now in shame.

·
Registered
523 Posts
....... I was concerned I was a bit harsh.........
Ah, yea., I agree. Steve is a true OG that contributed a wealth of information & inspiration. Many here were saddened when he parted with Backroader. Fittingly, she lives on. Welcome back Steve! Much respect.

·
Registered
2014 Ram Promaster 2500 159" diesel
1,692 Posts
That's Penske yellow and was first sold in Plainwell, MI, 49080, it does not mean the van was ever there.
This was most likely a fleet buy for a leasing agent.
Zeigler Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM of Plainwell may be the dealership.
The van has a plate you could try looking it up.
Pay for a vin lookup.
For those that want more pics of the van go here
Pre-Owned 2021 Ram ProMaster Cargo Van 1500 LOW ROOF 118 Mini-van, Cargo #2Y12412B | Ken Garff Automotive Group
I know it's not the free fast info you want but.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Well...that's yellow I mean yellow...but that 2 tone blue must have been in leftover shelve of basement....maybe should have chosen purple and red. Easy redo for u, ask salesman...err salesperson...to see if they would repaint and drop $$$$ $24000.

·
Administrator
‘20 159 HT window van NH Seacoast
12,289 Posts
It’s a good deal for someone with no knowledge of camper vans and just dreams of buying a finished camper van and seeing the country in style. Steve knows a lot better from his "Backroader" build and doesn’t need our advice, for sure, as to the value or quality of this van. Personally, I would run away very fast from it and certainly not travel across the country to even look at it (as I assume Steve has already decided)!

·
Premium Member
8,948 Posts
Welcome back Steve. I remember the evening you stopped in sothern AZ and I enjoyed the tales of your then recent trip in Baja. Thanks for the maps too. I am w/o a van and confined in caretaking mode. I could travel in that dinky van and I like the color. But like KOV and others, It is way to much $$ for what it is. The build quality doesn’t bother me but the “Michigan cabin” esthetic would.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts