Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a 3500 high roof, but haven't seen many reviews about that model on here. I'm thinking of waiting until the diesel comes out because of the better MPG, but I only drive 12,000 a year. Wondering what kind of mileage someone's getting with there's and if you have any other info you would like to add I'm all ears!

Thanks Chad
*new member first time posting

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'm looking to buy a 3500 high roof, but haven't seen many reviews about that model on here. I'm thinking of waiting until the diesel comes out because of the better MPG, but I only drive 12,000 a year. Wondering what kind of mileage someone's getting with there's and if you have any other info you would like to add I'm all ears!

Thanks Chad
*new member first time posting
Better mileage you say? That all depends on how much you drive every year.

Attachments

·
Registered
473 Posts
I have a 3500 high roof extended van. Only had it for 13 days and filled it up twice. First tank was 17.3 mpg and second was 17.6.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
obrian thanks for the picture. That looks like the one I'm wanting. How much are people paying for there's? 40k? Anyone get the extended warranty coverage. Any pros/cons with the different type flooring you can get inside wood/rubber

·
Registered
512 Posts
Thanks guys, the wheels are epoxy painted gloss black. I've used that paint lots of times on wheels and it looks and holds up very well. You can't tell they are painted.
I paid $37000 for mine. A couple upgrades, like the vinyl seats, back up sensors, interior conventicle package, extra key fobs, and cruise control.
No flooring option, I padded and carpeted my rear flooring.

·
Registered
512 Posts
This is mine all packed up for a two week road trip down south where the weather is nicer. Lol.

And the interior I'm still working on. I need to build my headliner, and wall trim. The bed is a Ikea folding bed, large twin size. I had to disassemble it and cut 6" out of it length wise. But now it is awesome, perfect size for two people. Above that I have a bunk that pulls out to double in width, padded with memory foam. It's very large for one person. I also added a roof vent with fan and thermostat. I'm waiting for somebody to sell a factory style window for the slider with a rv style sliding and screened opening.
this van is now a lot quieter than my audi, and I like driving it more.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Obrian.

This is amazing and exactly what I want to do (though in the 2500). We pull a travel trailer too, so I can live with a shorter rear passenger area.

I see small bikes. Are you travelling with kids? What is your seat belt situation in the rear. As much as I'd like a bench with lap belts (what I have in my E350 van now) I'd really like to have shoulder belts for the kids.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Fuzzy
Yep I do have a 9 year old. Still working out the seat belt thing. My wall is mounted with a metal frame that I think I'll attach lap belts to.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Fuzzy
Yep I do have a 9 year old. Still working out the seat belt thing. My wall is mounted with a metal frame that I think I'll attach lap belts to.
Have you thought of installing a shoulder restrain also? I've noticed many new RVs now have shoulder belts for forward-facing seat positions.

Nice looking toy hauler. The extended van looks like it has so much room to work with.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts