Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a traffic cone holder for PM ?

The traditional traffic cone holder bolt onto the bumper... the PM doesn't have anything like that..
so I'm open for options..

·
Registered
770 Posts
Here is a photo of the stock bumper alongside the Mopar hitch receiver bumper, mounting lugs marked in blue.

That original bumper is thin high-strength steel designed for impact absorbing not for getting pushed etc.. The OEM hitch & hardware weighed in at 68-pounds, the bumper beam it replaced weighed 18 pounds so it’s a 50-pound weight gain. If one were to scab on a tripod base to handle six or eight cones I'd think it would be best done on the OEM hitch piece not the OEM bumper piece...

Attachments

·
Registered
247 Posts
Any descent trailer hitch installing shop would be able to easily build you a cone holder.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks..
I was thinking that most of the traditional cone holders are front bumper mounts,,,
so it doesn't look like an option with PM

·
Registered
2014 Ram Promaster 2500 159" diesel
1,500 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Cone holder - some insurance companies insist in-home services companies have their trucks 'coned' to reduce accidents if standing/parking on public streets, the holder is to provide easy access for the driver to begin/finish their stop at whatever address.

https://www.amazon.com/TAC-Custom-2014-2017-Pro-Master-Runner/dp/B01EY7T58M

Front mount... Maybe modify or add on to a Brush Nudge Push Bull Bar? I have not seen a mass-produced front hitch receiver yet for a promaster.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Cone holder - some insurance companies insist in-home services companies have their trucks 'coned' to reduce accidents if standing/parking on public streets, the holder is to provide easy access for the driver to begin/finish their stop at whatever address.

https://www.amazon.com/TAC-Custom-2014-2017-Pro-Master-Runner/dp/B01EY7T58M

Front mount... Maybe modify or add on to a Brush Nudge Push Bull Bar? I have not seen a mass-produced front hitch receiver yet for a promaster.

Had em on my phone truck. There was an A shaped rack attached to the front bumper Ford E150) that held the cones. I got pretty good at chucking the cones onto the holder from about 15' away!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
THANKS I will look into a front bumper mount home brew project

1 - 9 of 9 Posts