Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

I picked up two small paint divots on a trip a week ago in the larger hood section that is a bit more vertical. Both on the road, and both pretty small rocks that came from vehicles going the other direction.

I had thought that I might want to coat the hood and headlights with something to make it resistant to this, and I was thinking about maybe Plastidip or the bed liner stuff, but another option is the clear 3M Scotchguard film that you can get from a company like Rvinyl online.

I'm curious if anyone has installed this and what your opinion is of the product? Longevity? Ease of install? Final appearance (bubbles, folds/seams, gaps)?

Thanks,

---Michael

·
Premium Member
2021 Ram Promaster 159" High Roof White Cargo In IL
7 Posts
I had XPEL film installed on mine. I have it on several vehicles and I am very happy. I think it was $250 to install on the entire painted portion of the front of the Promaster, the hood, front quarter panels and above the headlights, up to the front doors and body seams on the A pillars. I did not do the mirrors because mine are black plastic. I could not have applied any film nearly as nice as it was done. Expensive, but to me I could justify the cost to keep the van looking nice.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, so it seems nobody has done the 3M product on the forum... I'll try it out and see how it goes. I don't think that it should be too difficult since the hood isn't too curved, so I'll just follow the Youtube videos and make a go of it.

I'll report back with the results.

·
Registered
2018 Silver 159 HT
251 Posts
We did the 3M clear bra. I did it myself, it came out pretty good, you don't know it's there, no air bubbles. It would of been much easier with two, It stretches' so it's easy to make the bend. I cut around the cowling vents, not trying to cut each hole out. Lots of water, alcohol and a little soap solution...lots, you can't have too much and both sides. Small air will work out after a day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts