Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Installed MOPAR slider door B-pillar grab bar (KNOB KIT-INTERIOR - Mopar (82214304)); very easy install and only comment is go *very slow RPMs* with the 3/4" hole saw and keep pilot bit keyed true to the template using backing board well taped to the liner, the plastics Fiat use melt and deform easier than I remember US sourced automotive liners so we had to spend time with razor blade removing a cone/tube of smeared plastic, and had a little off-center wander even with the backer board. Since this kit was a bonus using the commercial partner gimmick at the point of purchase I'm overjoyed with it, I think my 'price' was $100. (from post 7 of http://tinyurl.com/goavtp8, start of my wagon project)

When I say backing board I mean something tough enough to keep the hole saw center pilot bit from wandering before the outer teeth cut deep enough to finish the cut without going off into different eccentrics for that multi-ring cut look, the waxy and soft plastic will melt on both the center and outer cuts if the RPMs go too high OR if one lets a dull bit heat up... but hey, they'll get covered up by the handle brackets anyhow....

Unknown about swivel, passenger side lowered seat base has just arrived today, we might get around to installing it next few days.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Thanks Zoomyn, your on it. Before I saw the MOPAR handle kit and while I had the B pillar cover off I made a "handle" from 1/2" fiberglass rod. 4 supports riv-nutted and line clamped to the rod. The tin in the pillar is flimsy and that's why the MOPAR kit has the needed reinforcement.Oh well...

·
Super Moderator
10,853 Posts
Gee, I just bought two genereric ones for $5 at a car flea market! Still have the other one but @ 2/$5 I couldn't resist.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Here's my $5 solution... (KOV got a better deal than mine on eBay!)

Info here: Grab handle for sliding door install
This is the same handle I put in mine. I installed 1/4-20 riv-nuts to hold it. There's a gap between the plastic trim and body metal. I installed a shim made of high density flooring so the handle would fasten down solidly and not warp the white plastic trim.

Reactions: proeddie
1 - 12 of 12 Posts